Business & Finance
Brought to you by: Monaco Life
Organisers of the “white march” in memory of the 84 people who died in Nice on July 14 have said they have not given up hope that the walk might be allowed to go ahead at some future date.
The local government authority, the Prefecture, had said on Thursday that the event, planned for this Sunday, could not go ahead because of security concerns, with 30,000 to 40,000 people expected to participate.
“We are people of our words and are confident that the Prefect will understand our need to honour our fallen and send a message of peace, as happened in Paris after the events of November 13 last year, or the minute of silence [in Nice] on July 18, which took place safely and smoothly,” the march organisers said.
March organisers are asking for a meeting with the prefecture to take place at some point during the next few days to set a new date.
Monaco’s private sector saw a 2.9% rise last year in workers holding full time contracts over the year before.
SBM has closed all of its hotels in Monaco except the Hôtel de Paris and the Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort, accommodating long-term guests and those who are unable to return home.
Monaco’s Minister of State Serge Telle has revealed that a €1,000 bonus will be paid to all public service officials and agents who have been fully mobilised during the coronavirus crisis.
Companies in the Principality who wish to apply for Reinforced Total Temporary Unemployment (CTTR) for their employees can now carry out the procedures online.