Monaco pour ‘Emploi sees record turnout with tech taking centre stage

Minister of State Christophe Mirmand and Minister of Social Affairs and Health Christophe Robino officially opened the fourth edition of Monaco pour l’Emploi Friday morning at the Grimaldi Forum, with this edition marking its biggest turnout to date.

The fourth edition of the employment forum attracted over 4,500 pre-registered attendees as of the day before the event. Since its first edition in September 2023, which drew 3,600 visitors, attendance has grown steadily – marking 5,000 in 2024, 6,000 in 2025, and reaching 6,300 total participants this year.

“The Principality comprises exactly 78,364 jobs, of which nearly 84% belong to the private sector,” Mirmand told attendees. “These figures illustrate both the vitality of our economic fabric and the structuring role of employment in the organisation of our society.”

Christophe Mirmand during his address, photo credit: Monaco Life.

Nearly 120 exhibitors participated in the forum, representing sectors from banking and hospitality to yachting and construction, with a dedicated space for digital careers.

Why tech is this year’s focus

After focusing on luxury industries last year, this year’s forum put digital careers in the spotlight with a dedicated exhibition space and multiple tech-focused sessions taking place.

The Chambre Monégasque du Numérique (Monaco Digital Chamber) had a prominent presence, engaging with both training institutes and students from Lycée Rainier III about future career prospects in the sector.

Christophe Mirmand, Christophe Robino and members of the Government and Town Hall at this year’s employment forum. Photo credit: Monaco Life.

The forum’s spotlight on digital careers and AI reflects both opportunity and uncertainty. Robino was honest about the challenges artificial intelligence presents.

“I really believe that today, it’s a current topic. The digital professions, the jobs of tomorrow, raise questions,” he said. “It also generates all these questions linked to how we understand and integrate artificial intelligence into the world of work. It generates concerns, it generates hopes. We don’t yet have a very clear idea of what the consequences will be depending on the sectors of activity.”

Christophe Robino during his address, photo credit: Monaco Life.

A new format for deeper dialogue

This year’s forum also introduced seven ‘rendez-vous croisés’: 30-minute focussed sessions bringing together institutions, employers, training providers and job seekers on specific topics.

“Rather than having a single vision, the aim was to cross perspectives,” explained Nathalie Julien, the project coordinator. “That’s why we call them cross-appointments, where we have different people who address the same theme.”

Sessions covered cybersecurity with the Monaco Public Security and insurance representatives, seasonal housing solutions involving CROUS student accommodation, and disability inclusion in the workplace.

During one of the rendez-vous croisés sessions, photo credit: Monaco Life.

Another positive outcome from this year’s edition was the employers’ confidence. According to Robino, “at the first version, they were a little reluctant. They had the impression that they would be competing with each other. Then finally, they realised that it was a good way to exchange.”

The February timing now targets seasonal recruitment ahead of the high season, though Robino acknowledges the forum’s growth may soon test the Grimaldi Forum’s capacity. “We will arrive at a saturation level at some point,” he admitted, suggesting future editions might span multiple days or additional events throughout the year.

Stay updated with Monaco Life: sign up for our free newsletter, catch our podcast on Spotify, and follow us across Facebook,  InstagramLinkedIn, and Tik Tok.

Main photo credit: Monaco Life

Zenirō: Nice’s stunning new Japanese-Provençal restaurant worth leaving Monaco for

A new dining destination has arrived in Nice that’s already drawing crowds – and deserves to. Zenirō, which opened just two weeks ago, presents a sophisticated fusion of Japanese precision and Provençal soul that feels both luxurious and remarkably accessible.

The restaurant was packed on a Wednesday night – unusual for an establishment barely out of its soft launch. Word has clearly spread that Nice has a serious new player in its dining scene, and the early verdict suggests the hype is justified.

Zenirō occupies three levels in central Nice – opposite the Modern and Contemporary Art Museum – though currently only the main restaurant across the first two floors is operating, offering 120 covers alongside an intimate private dining room. The rooftop cocktail bar, complete with a three-metre bonsai-shaped olive tree, is scheduled to open in spring 2026.

The private dining space at Zeniro is luxuriously enveloped in the wine and champagne display

Japanese technique meets Riviera ingredients

Head Chef Ricardo Pérez, whose experience includes stints at Nobu London Shoreditch and Tapasake at One&Only Portonovi, leads a kitchen that celebrates Provençal seasonality through Japanese technique. The charcoal grill features prominently, bringing smoky depth to dishes like grilled artichoke hearts with salmon tartare and locally sourced red mullet with sesame sauce and rice salsa.

Main courses include Angus beef grilled on toban and a refined interpretation of ratatouille that elevates the classic Provençal vegetable medley.

The grilled lamb chops deserve particular mention – worth returning for even if they don’t exactly scream Japan.

Mediterranean touches to classic Japanese dishes offer a nice take on the traditional, while the flame grill is a highlight

Desserts like baba au limoncello with vanilla cream and raspberries, and a perfectly executed chocolate soufflé topped with black sesame ice cream also prove you can successfully bridge two cuisines without leaving anyone at the table disappointed.

Luxe without the luxury pricing – for now

The stunning interior, designed by Cannes-based architect Samy Chams (known for La Guérite Cannes, Bagatelle Courchevel and Jimmy’z Monaco), blends Japanese minimalism with Provençal warmth. Rich, tactile materials, softly backlit surfaces and an earthy palette create an intimate, cocooning atmosphere. Sculptural banquettes, textured upholstery and refined brass detailing nod to mid-century design, while low ambient lighting allows the space to evolve throughout the evening.

The level of finish and service feels decidedly luxurious, yet prices remain surprisingly reasonable – though one suspects this accessibility may not last as Zenirō establishes itself and word continues to spread.

Attention to detail includes the ‘Z’ stamped crystal clear ice cubes

Cocktails with precision

The bar programme reflects the same balance and precision found in the kitchen. Classic Japanese cocktails receive French Riviera reinterpretation: Raku combines Roku Gin with yuzu, sparkling sake and soda, while Yume blends Belvedere Vodka with red shiso, umeshu and grapefruit cordial. The signature mocktail Nami offers a non-alcoholic option with kombucha, apple-quince, ginger and lemon.

Ambitious plans ahead

“We wanted to showcase what Zenirō is really about – bringing Japanese technique together with the incredible produce we have here in Provence,” says Thomas Barazer, the restaurant’s General Manager. With multiple restaurant openings in Paris under his belt, Barazer brings both expertise and an approachable professionalism that immediately puts diners at ease.

“Right now we’re focusing on getting the restaurant experience perfect, and then the rooftop bar opens in spring – that’s when you’ll get the complete Zenirō experience.”

Dining options are spread out over three levels

Later in 2026, Zenirō will establish an exclusive farm in Provence dedicated to cultivating regional ingredients, allowing the kitchen to work in harmony with the seasons. Future expansion plans aim to bring the Japanese-Provençal philosophy to other Riviera destinations and beyond.

Verdict

This is the kind of restaurant worthy of drawing you out of Monaco for dinner, worth seeking out if you’re already in Nice, or simply worth trying if you want something new and genuinely good. The combination of sophisticated execution, beautiful design and accessible pricing makes Zenirō an early contender for one of the Riviera’s most exciting restaurant openings this year.

Stay updated with Monaco Life: sign up for our free newsletter, catch our podcast on Spotify, and follow us across Facebook,  InstagramLinkedIn, and Tik Tok.

All photos courtesy of Zeniro

 

Monaco’s Top Marques to return with its largest edition to date

Top Marques Monaco will come back to the Grimaldi Forum this spring, with what organisers promise to be the largest edition yet. 

The 21st edition of the luxury automotive show, held under the high patronage of Prince Albert II, will take place from 6th to 10th May, brining around 235 vehicles under one roof, including a series of work premieres and Monaco debuts.

The event offers the opportunity for visitors not only to view but also to purchase some of the world rarest and most expensive vehicles.

A key new feature this year is the introduction of a 1,500 square metre Luxury Tuners Hall, dedicated to automotive craftsmanship, one-off builds and customised models, alongside the show’s classic Supercar Hall.

World premieres and Monaco debuts

Among the headline world premieres is the Giamaro Krafla, an Italian hypercar powered by a quad-turbo V12 producing 2,157 PS. Spanish manufacturer Baltasar will also unveil the Revolt, which it describes as the word’s first fully road legal electric track-focused car to meet FIA competition standards.

Additionally, French brand Hedonic Machines is set to debut two new bespoke creations insisted by automotive icons including the Porsche 911 and Land Rover Defender.

Several Monaco debuts are also planned, including the Bovensiepen Zagato, a limited edition grand tourer combining Italian design with German engineering, and a one-off hand-built automobile from Bulgarian manufacturer TP Atelier.

Renowned manufacturers expected to showcase their latest models include Aston Martin, Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Bugatti, Lamborghini, McLaren, Pagani, Porsche, as well as Mercedes-Benz, Maserati, Audi and Morgan.

In addition to supercars, the event will also feature motorcycles, luxury boats, an aircraft, and a selection of high-end jewellery and watches.

Top Marques begins on 6th May with a VIP preview, followed by two business days aimed at collectors and buyers on 7th and 8th May, before opening to the public over the weekend. General admission tickets start from €40

Stay updated with Monaco Life: sign up for our free newsletter, catch our podcast on Spotify, and follow us across Facebook,  InstagramLinkedIn, and Tik Tok.

Main photo credit: Top Marques Monaco

Yacht Club de Monaco to host elite Superyacht Chef Competition

Monaco’s Yacht Club de Monaco will host the seventh edition of its Superyacht Chef Competition on 2nd April, uniting some of the world’s finest culinary talents to compete in a unique setting. 

The competition, organised through the club’s training centre La Belle Classe Academy with support from Bluewater, aims to shed light on a demanding yet little-known profession: the superyacht chef.

Heading the judging panel for the competition is Philippe Etchebest, a two Michelin starred chef and holder of France’s prestigious Meilleur Ouvrier title. He will be joined by an international lineup of culinary experts, including Italian chef Carlo Cracco, two-Michelin-starred Marcel Ravin from Monaco’s Blue Bay restaurant, and Venezuelan television host Jenny Maltese.

The panel also features superyacht specialist Duncan Biggs, co-founder of Ocean Waves Monaco, and Benjamin Ferrand, who won last year’s competition. German chef and restaurateur Tim Mälzer is expected to join, pending confirmation.

Real word-pressure

The competition format mirrors the demanding conditions chefs face at sea. Contestants will discover a mystery ingredient just moments before they begin cooking and must use all products provided, with penalties for food waste.

“This event showcases chefs who can excel in a challenging, mobile and international setting,” said Bernard d’Alessandri, the Yacht Club’s managing director.

The jury will assess not only technical skill but also adaptability and understanding of the unique constraints of onboard service, where chefs must work in confined spaces while maintaining high standards.

Educational focus

Students from Monaco Hospitality School will participate in running the event, gaining hands-on experience alongside working professionals.

In the run-up to the main competition, the Yacht Club will host the Battle des Chefs on 12th March, a networking event supporting the charity À Chacun Son Cap. Then, on April 1st, the Dîner des Grands Chefs will bring together jury members ahead of the competition itself

Stay updated with Monaco Life: sign up for our free newsletter, catch our podcast on Spotify, and follow us across Facebook,  InstagramLinkedIn, and Tik Tok.

Main photo credit: mesi_BD, Yacht Club de Monaco

Monaco Run Gramaglia set to smash records with 4,500 runners

Monaco’s running calendar kicks off next weekend with a record-breaking edition of the Monaco Run Gramaglia, as approximately 4,500 runners descend on the Principality for two days of racing across urban streets and mountain trails on 14th and 15th February.

The unprecedented turnout represents the event’s strongest appeal yet, with the City Trail on Saturday and the 10km race on Sunday already completely sold out weeks before race day. For those still hoping to participate, registration remains open for the challenging 30km Trail du Mont Agel, returning for its second edition on Saturday morning, and the more accessible 5km scheduled for Sunday. The solidarity bib programme continues, accepting late entries until the day before races, while children get their own moment with free 1,000-metre races on Saturday afternoon.

Family firm doubles down on running

The Monaco Athletics Federation has locked in Gramaglia Group as title partner through 2029, extending a collaboration that began with the 2024 edition. The announcement signals confidence in the event’s trajectory from both sides – the 73-year-old Monaco family firm deepening its commitment to one of the Principality’s fastest-growing sporting events.

“Our federation is delighted with the growing success of the Monaco Run Gramaglia, which has now established itself as a major event in the Principality’s sporting calendar,” said Frédéric Choquard, General Director of the Monaco Athletics Federation. “The renewal of the partnership with Gramaglia Group reflects a lasting relationship of trust and demonstrates a shared vision around sporting values and local commitment.”

Michel Gramaglia, Director of Gramaglia Group – a major player in insurance brokerage, real estate and property management – emphasised the event’s community impact: “The Monaco Run has become an iconic event in Monaco. We are proud to renew our partnership and support, over the long term, an event that brings people together, unites and showcases the Principality.”

Weekend of racing across terrain

Saturday’s action starts early with the Trail du Mont Agel launching at 8:30am, sending runners into Monaco’s mountainous hinterland before podium presentations at noon. The technical City Trail follows at 9am through Monaco’s streets and staircases, wrapping up by 10:30am. Young runners take centre stage in the afternoon with free 1,000-metre races between 2pm and 3:30pm.

Sunday shifts focus to road racing with the competitive 10km starting at 9:15am and finishing by 10am, followed by the 5km at 10:50am. The Pink Ribbon Walk at 10:15am offers a non-competitive option supporting breast cancer awareness.

Throughout the weekend, a Running Expo at Quai Albert 1er provides a hub for participants and spectators, opening Friday from noon to 6pm, Saturday from 7am to 5:30pm, and Sunday from 7:30am to noon. The expo allows runners to collect race bibs, browse sponsor stands and soak up pre-race atmosphere.

Stay updated with Monaco Life: sign up for our free newsletter, catch our podcast on Spotify, and follow us across Facebook,  InstagramLinkedIn, and Tik Tok.

Photo credit: Sona Maleterova

Prince Albert II and Princess Anne share Olympic bond at IOC session

Prince Albert II and Princess Anne met during an International Olympic Committee gathering this week, sharing common ground as both IOC members and former Olympic competitors. 

Both competed at the Games before taking up positions within the IOC. Prince Albert II represented Monaco in bobsleigh at five consecutive Winter Games between 1988 and 2002.

Meanwhile, Princess Anne competed for Great Britain in equestrian at the 1976 Montreal Olympics.

The pair have served as IOC members for nearly four decades, with Prince Albert II joining in 1985 and Princess Anne following three years later in 1988.

That first-hand experience of Olympic competition – the training, the pressure, the values instilled through sport – guides their approach to committee work.

Stay updated with Monaco Life: sign up for our free newsletter, catch our podcast on Spotify, and follow us across Facebook,  InstagramLinkedIn, and Tik Tok.

Main photo credit: Andreas Rentz / Getty Images