Weather
12 ° C
12°C
3°C
Sunny
Breaking News

98 Covid cases, 20 Jan, 40 hospitalised - 26 res, 4 in ICU - 1 res, 393 home monitored, 6,591 recoveries, 45 deaths, 1,953 incidence rate, 67.8% vaccinated

Arthur Leclerc re-signs with Prema Racing

Arthur Leclerc re-signs with Prema Racing

By Luke Entwistle - January 13, 2022

Monégasque driver Arthur Leclerc has signed on for a second year at F3 team Prema, whilst continuing in the Ferrari Drivers’ Academy in 2022.

Leclerc finished 10th in the drivers’ standings in his debut season in F3, registering two victories in the process as well as a pole position and second place in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Last year’s team-mate Dennis Hauger ended the season as F3 champion and has subsequently found himself a seat in F2 for next season.

The goal this year for Leclerc will be to reach the heights of his former team-mate, and he says he is excited for the start of the season.

“I am extremely happy to continue the work we started with Prema racing,” said the 21-year-old in a press statement. “I think we did a good job last year, and 2022 will be a good opportunity to put together everything we have learned so far. I cannot wait for the start of the season.”

Prema team principal Rene Rosin expressed his delight at retaining Leclerc’s services, adding, “I am sure that he will carry on the progress we saw in 2021 when he showed he had the potential to be a front runner.”

Arthur will be hoping that a positive season will help him progress along the same trajectory as his brother Charles, the current Ferrari F1 driver.

The season gets under way at the same time and place as the F1 season, on 18th March in Bahrain.

 

 

Photo source: Ferrari Scuderia Media Centre

 

 

 

shares
SHARE
Sign up to our newsletter
Previous articleThese are the workers who must present health pass from Monday
Next articleWeekend ski report: 14th to 16th January

daily

January 22, 2022 | Local News

“We must be ambitious”

Luke Entwistle

Having secured his first victory as Monaco manager, Philippe Clement told Monaco Life that he expects a tough challenge on Sunday, especially given his side’s difficulties on the road this season.

0
Cassandra Tanti

Lieutenant-Colonel Gilles Convertini has officially handed over command of the Carabinieri Corps to Commander Martial Pied, marking the end of 38 years of service under two Princes of Monaco.

0
Stephanie Horsman

Monaco-based designer of cosmetic actives Exsymol has signed a partnership with OceanoScientific Expeditions, which will in part help protect organisms living in little explored coral reefs.

0
Stephanie Horsman

The position of Secretary General in the Prince’s government, left open by the retirement of Robert Colle, is being filled by the current Deputy Secretary General, Marc Vassallo.

0