Weather
27 ° C
27°C
21°C
Sunny Intervals
Breaking News

Two new cases of Covid-19 on 5 July brings total in Monaco to 108: 8 home monitored, 95 cured, 1 resident death

At Larvotto, Princess leads fight against drowning risks

At Larvotto, Princess leads fight against drowning risks

By Staff Writer - June 12, 2017

Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier
Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier

Princess Charlene was at Larvotto Beach on Monday morning, together with fifty schoolchildren and a number of teachers.

The day was part of the Princess’s ongoing crusade against the dangers of drowning, and the former Olympic swimmer was personally engaged in teaching the children how to prevent aquatic accidents in Monaco.

“I am passionate about saving lives and it is so important to teach our young people essential water safety skills, especially at this time of year as everyone heads to the beach for the summer,” Princess Charlene told Monaco Life. “I am very grateful to all the athletes and volunteers who gave up their time to put together such an excellent day of activities.”

Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier
Princess Charlene with Pierre Frolla. Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier

“We are very fortunate to have the Centre de Sauvetage Aquatique de Monaco here at Larvotto which is run with such commitment by Pierre Frolla and I am very excited that through last week’s Riviera Water Bike Challenge we will be able to establish a similar aquatic rescue centre in Burkina Faso.” 

The day-long event consisted of several hands-on workshops, including rescue techniques for people in trouble in the water.

Princess Charlene continues to be very active worldwide in fighting the dangers of drowning, reported to be the third leading cause of accidental death with 360,000 incidents annually. The highest drowning rates are amongst children under the age of five.

Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier
Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier
Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier
Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier
Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier
Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier
Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier
Photo: Eric Mathon/Palais Princier

READ ALSO

Cape Town’s victory Saturday, so much more than winning a game

READ ALSO

Police call for supervision around the pool

shares
SHARE
Previous articleTop analyst from Top Marques focuses on China
Next articleLosing streak continues at SBM

daily

Cassandra Tanti

It’s official: AS Monaco’s new season will be marked by a visit from Stade de Reims on the weekend of 22nd August at the Stade Louis II.

0
July 7, 2020 | News

E-Rally refocusses on Monaco

Cassandra Tanti

The E-Rally Monte-Carlo held later this year will take place around the Principality of Monaco, with a new route through the Alpes-Maritimes and the Var.

0
Cassandra Tanti

AS Monaco publicly presented its new sporting director, Paul Mitchell, this week to discuss his goals for the Red and Whites and to be formally welcomed by the club.

0
Cassandra Tanti

Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc finished runner-up in Austria for the second year running on Sunday but the Monegasque champion says it still felt like a win.

0