Brought to you by: Pastor Real Estate & Barclays
Keen amateur fisherman in Monaco will have to take their rods elsewhere following the government’s introduction of a prohibition on fishing on the Fontvieille breakwater.
The ban will last until April 2018. The one-year interdiction will allow the authorities to develop and publish new regulations for recreational fishing.
Fishermen have caused considerable pollution in recent years, including broken fishing lines that have created problems for underwater flora and fauna.
The one-year moratorium pending the publication of new rules will also help the harbour’s marine life to recover.
A rare survivor of the nuclear blast that effectively ended World War II in the Pacific has spoken to a group of mesmerised students and staff members at Lycée Albert I. Organised by the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN), The high school’s history and geography class were told the incredible and sad true […]
October has come to be known as ‘Pink October’ and many Monegasque organisations, as well as the government, are supporting the cause. Roughly two million women were diagnosed with breast cancer last year worldwide and of those an estimated 627,000 will die from the disease. That comes out to 15% of all cancer deaths for […]
A joint meeting was held last week between the Monegasque Ambassador to the US and Honorary Consuls from nine major North American cities to discuss collaborative efforts for the next calendar year. Considered one of America’s greenest cities, Seattle was the setting for the confluence and attracted the Monaco representatives for its achievements regarding environmental […]
The Princess Grace Foundation-USA will be paying tribute to their namesake, Princess Grace of Monaco, during a special fundraising gala this November. The celebration will mark the 90th anniversary of the birth of the Hollywood icon and beloved Princess of Monaco. Known throughout the world as a humanitarian, philanthropist, and artist, Princess Grace was committed to […]
Unhappy clients of JP Construction are directing their complaints to the Monaco Police after the Monaco-registered company ceased trading last week. Several customers of the firm appear to have lost large amounts, with total losses reaching seven figures. Meanwhile, the whereabouts of John Olsen and Peer Pedersen remain unknown. The company's mainly Polish workforce was laid off last week without notice and worksites were abandoned during the day on Thursday…
One young couple near Grasse have been left in precarious circumstances. Not only has their 30,000 euros deposit disappeared, but as a result of excavation work around the house, the building has been left more prone to landslides such as those that hit the area in 2010 and 2011.
"We signed a contract with JP Construction in August and they were due to start work in September. They actually started in the first week of November. They brought in a digger and demolished the terrace and steps in front of the house ready to build a stronger retaining wall. Last Thursday I asked for a meeting with the foreman, and as had happened all along, there were excuses and delays. When we got home from work the digger had gone and so had the truck being used to take away soil. We paid a deposit of 30,000 euros. But that's not our biggest problem...
"Our house now stands completely exposed to the weather. We are expecting rain this weekend and we don't know what will happen. I will be coming to Monaco next week to talk to the police," the victim near Grasse told Monaco Today.
Meanwhile, the thread at anglo-info that victims have been using to communicate is no longer working as posts are taken down shortly after being posted. Victims of JP Construction's collapse are now using the readers' forum at the Riviera Reporter to communicate and organize a coordinated response to recent events. (please see two other reports on JP Construction by scrolling down)