Weather
Monte-Carlo, MC
scattered clouds
7.7 ° C
10 °
2.8 °
49%
4.1kmh
35%
Fri
13 °
Sat
13 °
Sun
13 °
Mon
14 °
Tue
13 °
Breaking News

New symposium to highlight the risks human activities expose the oceans to and the threats that those activities pose to human health

“Can do better,” admits rail chief

“Can do better,” admits rail chief

By Staff Writer - January 16, 2017

Mr Guillaume Pepy, Chairman of the Board of French train operator SNCF. Photo: © Claude Truong-Ngoc / Wikimedia Commons
Mr Guillaume Pepy, Chairman of the Board of French train operator SNCF. Photo: © Claude Truong-Ngoc / Wikimedia Commons

The head of France’s SNCF has told his colleagues that the national train service operator can “do better” in 2017. His comment came in a video in which he wished his fellow railwaymen the best for 2017.

There were more delays on French railways in 2016 than in 2015, Guillaume Pepy said, due to a mixture of causes including strikes, work on the network, suspicious packages, floods and dead leaves.

From December 1, 2016, passengers whose trains are more than 30 minutes late can claim compensation, but the offer applies only to TGV and intercity services and not to the regional TER trains that serve Monaco Monte-Carlo.

The biggest disruption to rail travel during last year was the series of strikes during the summer against the government’s proposed changes to labour laws.

According to SNCF, 90.8 percent of TER trains were punctual during 2016, compared to 91.6 percent in 2015. A TER train is considered to be late-running if it is five or more minutes behind schedule.

READ MORE: French rail chief in Monaco for talks
READ MORE: Monaco Telecom meets tourist challenge

shares
SHARE
Previous articleTobacco sales down slightly
Next articleDiplomatic relations with Tajikistan

daily

February 19, 2020 | Local News

Monaco Delegation visits Mali

Stephanie Horsman

A delegation from Monaco has visited the African nation of Mali where health, education and civil protection topped the agenda.

0
February 18, 2020 | Local News

Hundreds join in Pink Ribbon Monaco Walk

Cassandra Tanti

The 9th edition of the Pink Ribbon Monaco Walk has been a huge success, with close to 200 participants dressing in pink and supporting a very important cause.

0
January 27, 2020 | Local News

Council honours new police cadets

Cassandra Tanti

The National Assembly has welcomed the latest graduates to the Principality’s Police Force.

0
Stephanie Horsman

An incredible 12-month time lapse video showing the creation of Monaco’s mammoth land extension project has just been released.

0