Brought to you by: Monaco Life
A clash of personalities may be the root cause of the falling out of two colleagues at the Pulcinella restaurant in Monaco that resulted in a 30-year-old Italian of Albanian origin fatally stabbing his colleague, investigators believe.
Ricard Nika has confessed to killing Alfio Fallica, also 30, and Sicilian, on the evening of February 24. Mr Nika, a waiter, has been described by co-workers as taciturn and unstable, and also ambitious, but so far no one has been able to identify the real reason for the killing.
Nika remains in custody in Italy and has said nothing since his arrest in Bordighera, accept for admitting the facts, according to reports.
Twelve days ago, the body of Alfio Fallica was found in a pool of blood in the wine cellar of the popular upmarket restaurant on 17 rue du Portier at 5:30 pm on Friday night, and investigators believe he had been ambushed and stabbed to death. The two men had, reportedly, had a difference of opinion about a month before the incident, colleagues have said.
Prince Albert has been tested at a Covid-19 screening centre in Monaco to raise awareness about the government’s campaign to have as many people of the Principality tested as possible.
Monaco’s primary students made their return to school on Monday, the final group to do so in the government’s three-phase plan to lift the lockdown.
The Principality ordered some 11.5 million masks at the height of the crisis. Now those masks are being safely stored by the government for a rainy day.
Come the next academic year, the ISM will be offering an exciting new diploma for students wishing to pursue career-related learning.