Brought to you by: Monaco Life
A bottle of vodka valued at a staggering 8 million kroner (€1.1 million) that was reported as disappearing from a bar in Copenhagen has been found again, according to local police who tweeted its rediscovery on January 2.
The vodka was created to woo Russian tycoons and wealthy aficionados worldwide and premiered at Top Marques at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco in April last year. Prince Albert of Monaco was presented with the very first bottle.
The world’s most expensive vodka bottle was on display at Cafe 33 in the central district of Copenhagen, and formed part of the bar’s collection of vodka, which amounts to 1,200 bottles.
The disappearing bottle was on loan from the privately owned Riga-based Dartz Motorz, founded by the Latvian-born businessman Leonard Yankelovich. The bottle is coated with about 3 kg of gold and 3 kg of silver. A total of 625 Russo-Baltique vodka bottles were made, Dartz says.
Top Marques runs this year from April 18 to 22.
The World Amateur Theatre Festival is celebrating its 17th edition this year with acting companies from all over the globe coming to perform in Monaco.
The City of Nice is banning music and live bands on terraces and beaches amidst a resurgence of the virus.
Princess Charlene has revealed further details of her medical condition to South African media, explaining why she has been unable to return to Monaco since earlier this year.
The Yacht Club of Monaco will host the first ever Monaco Smart Yachting and Marina Show in September, which aims to speed up the development of eco-friendly marinas.
His Serene Highness Prince Albert has sent an official letter of condolence to Queen Elisabeth II following the attack in London on Wednesday, March 23, that took the lives of four people, including the perpetrator.
“It is with deep emotion that I learned about the criminal attack that took place yesterday on Westminster Bridge and Parliament. The population of Monaco, my family and myself wish to express our most sincere condolences to your Majesty and to the people of the United Kingdom in this dark hour.
“We ask you to receive our profound sympathy and our prayers for the victims and their families,” the Prince said.
A police officer, who tried to stop the 51 year-old British-born man from entering the House of Commons armed with knives, a mother on her way to collect her children from school, and an American tourist were killed in the lone-wolf attack. Several victims hit by the attacker’s rented car remain in critical condition in hospital.