Brought to you by: Monaco Life
Bouygues Travaux Publics is starting work on the first phase of a scheme to create six hectares of reclaimed land for Monaco.
The work is for the Portier Cove land reclamation project, which is being led by SAM Anse du Portier. Total value of the maritime infrastructure works is approximately €1bn (£853 million). Facilities to be built on the reclamation include a neighbourhood with 60,000 square metres of housing, public facilities, an extension to the Grimaldi Forum, a public car park, a marina with pedestrian wharves, a landscaped park, a seafront promenade and a planted walkway running the length of the Japanese Garden.
The construction technique to be used for the maritime infrastructure is a fill enclosed by a band of 18 trapezoid reinforced concrete caissons, 26m tall and weighing 10,000 tonnes each, equipped with absorption chambers. The precast units will help reduce breaches caused by strong swells and protect the exposed areas of the project.
Bouygues Construction chairman and chief executive Philippe Bonnave said: “We are very pleased to have the opportunity to take part in the development of the Principality of Monaco by way of this new land reclamation project which will create six hectares of habitable space, meeting the highest ambitions with respect to sustainable development and environmental protection.” (Source: theconstructionindex.co.uk)
Rapid antigen tests are being rolled out throughout the Principality, with results obtainable within 30 minutes.
The Grimaldi Forum has inaugurated its new Ravel Terrace, giving extra room to visitors in a beautiful open air setting and sea views that can’t be beat.
The Opera de Monte-Carlo is set to host Verdi’s I Due Foscari with legendary tenor Placido Domingo this weekend and a Monte-Carlo Jazz Festival broadcast.
The Municipal Council is considering plans to replace old buildings to the west of Monte-Carlo with more modern facades, replete with covered gardens at street level.
A cybersecurity conference in Monaco has heard that hackers who succeeded in taking down a major French television station last year are still making efforts to break into French government computers, a senior cybersecurity official said Wednesday.Guillaume Poupard, who heads the National Agency of Security and Information Systems (ANSSI), told the Associated Press that sensors deployed at French government ministries routinely pick up the electronic signatures associated with the group. “The group behind it – and I don't know who it is, that's not my role – is proving very active,” he said. “We see them. And we stop them.” The April 8, 2015, attack interrupted nearly a dozen channels belonging to TV5 and packed its social media sites with propaganda for the Islamic State group. The cyber attack just months after the Charlie Hebdo atrocity caused considerable consternation among French leaders and journalists. French Prime Minister Manuel Valls at the time condemned what he called an “unacceptable attack on freedom of expression”. Some journalists described the hack as an “unprecedented act of cyberterrorism”. But two months later, L'Express magazine reported that French investigators believed a Russian group masquerading as Islamic State loyalists had carried out the hack. Mr Poupard would not be drawn on the thesis that Moscow is behind these sophisticated attacks, but added that the attack on TV5 “looked a lot like” the cyber-espionage operation launched in May 2015 against Germany's parliament. Germany's domestic intelligence agency blamed that hack squarely on Moscow. Monaco has recently announced that its own cyber security agency has started work to help protect the Principality against security breaches.