Brought to you by: Monaco Life
The regional health agency (ARS) in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur has said that the seasonal flu epidemic has arrived earlier than usual this year. A communiqué from the ARS said that the first major outbreak arrived last week, from December 12 until December 16.
The agency added that while there is still time to get vaccinated to avoid the worst of the outbreak, more than 400 people required emergency treatment during last week, with 69 being admitted to hospital.
To date, six hospitals offering A&E services have reported being under pressure from the flu problem.
Each year, influenza infects 2.5 million people in France.
St. Paul’s Anglican Church has started making online videos of their weekly sermons in English, so parishioners don’t have to miss out during the lockdown.
The National Council says it wants to keep the Condamine and Monte-Carlo markets open, despite the closure of all food markets this week across France.
The government has added psychologists to the team at Monaco’s Covid-19 call centre as a growing number of people seek advice on how to cope with isolation and fear.
The National Council is calling on the Prince’s government to create a makeshift hospital in preparation for a surge in coronavirus cases in the Principality.