Brought to you by: Pastor Real Estate & Barclays
The head of the urological department of the Princess Grace Hospital, Dr Herve Baumert, has resigned, citing problems with his deputy over a period of several months. The post of director will now be advertised so that a new head of the urological service can be appointed as soon as possible.
In May this year, Dr Baumert told the Medical Commission that he had encountered difficulties in persuading his deputy to comply with his plans for the service as he had presented them to the selection board during his own appointment process and the interview at which he was the successful candidate on October 6, 2015.
An attempt at mediation failed, and despite instructions from the Medical Commission that the deputy follow the instructions of the chief of the department, Dr Baumert submitted his resignation on August 19, effective from September 29, 2016.
A temporary head of the urology department will be appointed from outside CHPG, pending a selection process for a new candidate. The Government, in a statement on Thursday, September 22, reiterated its commitment to the highest possible standards of care at CHPG.
An audit of the urology department has also been ordered by the Government.
An incredible 12-month time lapse video showing the creation of Monaco’s mammoth land extension project has just been released.
Monaco has a new bailiff, or huissier as known locally, who was sworn in earlier this week.
General crime rates in the Principality dropped by a significant 16% between the years 2016 and 2019, and street crime by an impressive 52%.
As part of the newly approved Palais Honoria housing project, a gantry will be installed above Boulevard de Belgique, creating temporary traffic impediments in the area.
His Serene Highness Prince Albert has sent an official letter of condolence to Queen Elisabeth II following the attack in London on Wednesday, March 23, that took the lives of four people, including the perpetrator.
“It is with deep emotion that I learned about the criminal attack that took place yesterday on Westminster Bridge and Parliament. The population of Monaco, my family and myself wish to express our most sincere condolences to your Majesty and to the people of the United Kingdom in this dark hour.
“We ask you to receive our profound sympathy and our prayers for the victims and their families,” the Prince said.
A police officer, who tried to stop the 51 year-old British-born man from entering the House of Commons armed with knives, a mother on her way to collect her children from school, and an American tourist were killed in the lone-wolf attack. Several victims hit by the attacker’s rented car remain in critical condition in hospital.