Breaking News

A new positive case of Covid-19 on 23rd May brings confirmed number to 98: 90 cured, 2 hospitalised, 1 resident death, 3 non-resident deaths

Henry furious at broken VAR in 5-1 loss

Henry furious at broken VAR in 5-1 loss

By Staff Writer - January 21, 2019

Thierry Henry lamented a missed penalty in the game against Strasbourg after the video assistant referee stopped working.

AS Monaco lost the game 5-1, but Henry suggested the game could have turned if a foul on Rony Lopes in the box had been awarded as a penalty. The score at the time was 2-1.

Thierry signs for AS Monaco. Pic: Frank Nataf.
Thierry signs for AS Monaco. Pic: Frank Nataf.

Henry told the post-match press conference, “”If it was a penalty for Atal, then it was 10,000 times a penalty for Rony Lopes,” said Henry.

“So I would like to know why VAR wasn’t working for Monaco, and then started working again just after. Bizarre.

“We created a penalty where he (Strasbourg midfielder Jonas Martin) is late. He takes his leg… I need to be told why it wasn’t working on a blatant penalty.”

Fellaini set for loan move to Monaco?

Meanwhile, ESPN reports that Manchester United player Marouane Fellaini is possibly moving to Monaco on loan.

The Belgian international worked with Henry previously, when he worked as part of the coaching team in the Belgium international squad.

shares
SHARE
Previous articlePublic Health: Awareness Day organized by IFSI students
Next articleThe Carabiniers du Prince celebrate Saint Sebastian

daily

May 27, 2020 | Lifestyle & Wellbeing

National Council personally thanks testing team

Cassandra Tanti

National Council President Stéphane Valeri has visited the Grimaldi Forum to thank the team behind the screening campaign, while also encouraging more people to take the Covid-19 antibody test. 

0
May 26, 2020 | Lifestyle & Wellbeing

Prince takes antibody test in solidarity

Cassandra Tanti

Prince Albert has been tested at a Covid-19 screening centre in Monaco to raise awareness about the government’s campaign to have as many people of the Principality tested as possible.

0
May 25, 2020 | Lifestyle & Wellbeing

Final students return to classrooms

Cassandra Tanti

Monaco’s primary students made their return to school on Monday, the final group to do so in the government’s three-phase plan to lift the lockdown.

0
May 22, 2020 | Lifestyle & Wellbeing

Monaco stockpiles masks

Stephanie Horsman

The Principality ordered some 11.5 million masks at the height of the crisis. Now those masks are being safely stored by the government for a rainy day.

0