Weather
21 ° C
21°C
Breaking News

Covid latest: 19 hospitalised - 18 res, 78 home monitored, 12,497 recoveries, 57 deaths, 411 incidence rate

Local resident Ogier aims for sixth straight win in Monte-Carlo Rally

Local resident Ogier aims for sixth straight win in Monte-Carlo Rally

By Staff Writer - January 24, 2018

Photo: Twitter Sébastien Ogier
Photo: Twitter Sébastien Ogier

Local resident Sébastien Ogier will try for a sixth straight world title in the Monte Carlo Rally, which starts from Place du Casino on Thursday, January 25.

“Only a sixth world title will satisfy me, anything less will be a failure,” Ogier told AFP. “It’s going to be a fight, tougher than ever, but that is what we want,” the 34-year-old said. The Monte-Carlo Rally is especially significant as it’s the season opener and one of just four on tarmac.

French ace Ogier of Ford won last year’s the title despite only winning twice, including the Monte-Carlo, while Belgium’s Thierry Neuville secured four wins last year behind the wheel of his Hyundai.

In addition to Ford, Toyota, Citroen, and Hyundai are all fielding top drivers for the new 13-rally season that sees a number of changes. Seven legs of the championship are contested on dirt tracks including the summer heat of Turkey, back on the schedule at Poland’s expense.

Ogier is counting on his Ford Fiesta to once again come up trumps. “The truth is it’s the same car as last year,” Ogier said. “There are evolutions here and there, but no revolutions,” he said. “But Ford will make it perform better.”


READ ALSO

Major changes to Monte Carlo Rally

shares
SHARE
Sign up to our newsletter
Loading
Previous articleRolls-Royce Ghost chosen as best super-luxury car
Next articleOpera announces access restrictions for Thursday’s performance

daily

Luke Entwistle

Often considered mutually exclusive elements, AS Monaco are the embodiment of the utopian idea that sales and success can go hand-in-hand.

0
Luke Entwistle

The Ligue 1 calendar for the 2022/23 season has been and Monaco Life takes a look at the stand-out fixtures, including a congested August schedule, which will include Champions League play-off matches.

0
June 23, 2022 | Local News

Roca Team series goes to the death

Luke Entwistle

AS Monaco have slumped to a comprehensive defeat at home against Lyon-Villeurbanne (68-85) to take the Betclic Elite final to a fifth and deciding match. 

0
Luke Entwistle

As players return to training, AS Monaco sporting director Paul Mitchell speaks to the media about the record fee for Tchouaméni, other transfer objectives, and the club’s pre-season activities.

0