Brought to you by: Monaco Life
The MC Summer Concert is set to take place in July and the lineup has just been announced. Ahead of the main act, the KUNGS, will be three local young artists who will have the amazing opportunity to perform in the famous Salle des Etoiles.
The first MC Summer Concert for young people has been organised by the National Council, the Prince’s Government, and the Monaco City Council, and will take place on 15th July at the Sporting Monte Carlo.
The headline act, the KUNGS, was announced earlier this year. But young musicians in the Principality were asked to audition before their peers for the three warm up act positions. The winners were Olivia Dorato, Rory O’Shea and Pab Emson.
Monegasque Olivia Dorato is a 21-year-old composer, performer and musician. She has been composing since the age of nine and released her first album ‘Heartbroken’ in 2013, followed by ‘Fizzy’ in 2017. She has performed in concert during the 10 year anniversary festivities of Prince Albert II, the Aluna Festival, and the Bandol Festival. She has also performed ahead of Gilbert Montagné, Dany Brillant, and Michael Jones.
Rory O’Shea, a British national, is a singer and dancer who has performed in musicals with the Théâtre Michel Daner in Beausoleil and at the Music Festival in Mouans-Sartoux. Last year he was lucky enough to sing on stage in the Salle des Etoiles, during the CHPG ‘Cabaret Musical’.
Pab Emson is a singer within the pop / dance genre, and alternates between personal compositions and covers of famous artists. On 15th July, he will perform tracks from his latest album which is currently in production.
Tickets are available free of charge at the Grimaldi Forum, from Tuesday to Saturday, from noon to 7pm (two tickets per person). The concert is open to young Monegasques, residents or students of the Principality, aged 13 to 25 years.
Monaco-based Boutsen Aviation has reached a significant milestone, sealing a symbolic deal marking the 400th aircraft sold to date.
A new exhibition, ‘Exceptional Albert I’, is giving the public a glimpse into the private life of the first 20th century prince of Monaco through a series of intimate photographs.
Monaco is pushing ahead with plans to incorporate sustainable finance into its banking and financial institutions and will also create a global conference to support efforts.
Monaco received new Ambassadors on Thursday from the countries of Madagascar, Gabon, Switzerland and Turkey in a luncheon ceremony held at the Hermitage Hotel.
Exactly one month after the Bastille Day attacks in Nice which left 85 dead and some 300 wounded, the sound of a firecracker reportedly thrown under a car next to a narrow pedestrian street in Juan-les-Pins Sunday evening around 10:30 pm is mistaken for a terrorist attack or explosion. Complete chaos ensues, as crowds of people run in every direction and cars try to escape centre-ville. The incident left 45 with minor injuries, and Nice-Matin reports 42 were taken to La Fontonne in Antibes, as well as hospitals in Cannes, Grasse and Pasteur II and Lenval in Nice; one casualty, a pregnant woman, remains in critical condition.
While the event seems to have moved on to the question of legally selling fireworks in today’s day and age, there are some people asking what really happened last night.
One source on the scene, who narrowly survived the July 14 attack in Nice, told Monaco Life exclusively that she and her husband were having a meal one street away on the beach when suddenly loads of people started running, some even into the sea. “We couldn’t believe it,” the anonymous source said. “Not again!” The reaction of physical fear kicked in pretty quickly she added, before describing the scene with “a lot of military presence and numerous sirens”.
As things died down quickly on the beach, and although people were pretty shaken up, the couple left to discover “a big area cordoned off with about 40 to 50 police, military and emergency vehicles”.
In her own words the witness recounts, “People were being taken away in stretchers, others were bandaged. I spoke to a guy who was a journalist and he said the official story was that the crowd heard a big noise and panicked then added, ‘I’m not a racist but all I can advise you is to vote Le Pen. This is not over.’
“Another man hobbled through the cordon and we asked him what happened and he said he wasn’t ‘supposed’ to say much but that he thought that carnage had just been averted.”
It’s difficult to know exactly what happened in Juan-les-Pins and while people are certainly on edge, there seems to be “a big effort to downplay it”.
Do you have a news story or were witness to an event? Email: email@example.com