Weather
12 ° C
12°C
3°C
Sunny
Breaking News

98 Covid cases, 20 Jan, 40 hospitalised - 26 res, 4 in ICU - 1 res, 393 home monitored, 6,591 recoveries, 45 deaths, 1,953 incidence rate, 67.8% vaccinated

Monaco make offer for rising Russian star

Monaco make offer for rising Russian star

By Staff Writer - July 18, 2018

Aleksandr Golovin had been linked with a move to Chelsea, but AS Monaco’s Vadim Vasilyev has revealed that Monaco have made a move to bag the Russian midfielder.

The Ligue 1 club’s vice-president said: “We made CSKA a proposal for Golovin. I cannot say the amount of the transfer, but it is substantial.

Monaco FC

“I think in this situation the transition to Monaco is the most correct option for Golovin. To go immediately from Russia to a top club in the leading European league is very risky. We have been able to launch the career of young players. It is enough to look at Kylian Mbappe,” Vasilyev added.

Both Chelsea and Arsenal are reported to have been chasing the 22 year-old. Golovin has been acclaimed as one of the stars of Russia’s success in making it to the quarter-finals at their home World Cup.

shares
SHARE
Sign up to our newsletter
Previous articleMonaco marks 10 years of cooperation in Mongolia
Next articleMenton and Monaco suffer damage from high winds and downpour

daily

January 22, 2022 | Local News

“We must be ambitious”

Luke Entwistle

Having secured his first victory as Monaco manager, Philippe Clement told Monaco Life that he expects a tough challenge on Sunday, especially given his side’s difficulties on the road this season.

0
Cassandra Tanti

Lieutenant-Colonel Gilles Convertini has officially handed over command of the Carabinieri Corps to Commander Martial Pied, marking the end of 38 years of service under two Princes of Monaco.

0
Stephanie Horsman

Monaco-based designer of cosmetic actives Exsymol has signed a partnership with OceanoScientific Expeditions, which will in part help protect organisms living in little explored coral reefs.

0
Stephanie Horsman

The position of Secretary General in the Prince’s government, left open by the retirement of Robert Colle, is being filled by the current Deputy Secretary General, Marc Vassallo.

0