Brought to you by: Monaco Life
A new Stars’n’Bars is opening this weekend in Courchevel at Aquamotion, Europe’s largest mountain water park. The establishment will include a main restaurant and a smaller “SNB Grill”, which overlooks the theme park’s indoor surfing attraction.
The original Stars’n’Bars was opened by Kate Powers and Didier Rubiolo in Monaco in 1993. This latest Courchevel venture will feature the same commitment to healthy, homemade food (traditional favourites like burgers and nachos, as well as organic and vegan choices), family fun and maintain the spirit of sports. In fact, the new restaurant decor features the first competition bobsled of Prince Albert II from the 1984 Calgary Olympics and guests can climb inside for a souvenir photo.
Ongoing entertainment will include children’s birthday parties, musical evenings, games and non-stop TV sports nights. The restaurant in Courchevel is the first Stars’n’Bars to open in France, and there are two other restaurants in Abu Dhabi and Amritsar, India.
The Aquamotion 15,000 square meter water park is packed with features such as indoor and outdoor pools, a diving pool, surfing area with a spectacular wave, three lane water slide, wild water rapids, saunas, steam room, hot tub and climbing wall.
Both Kate and Didier are attending the opening ceremony this weekend in Courchevel, which coincides with the opening of Aquamotion for the new ski season. Kate told Monaco Life, “It’s so exciting to see families from so many parts of the world enjoy the Stars’n’Bars experience. And this time, our new location is close enough for many of our regular Monaco customers to visit during their ski vacations and have a home away from home.”
READ ALSO: Giraudi family: from Beefbar to beef burgers
Article first published December 9, 2016.
A second person has died from Covid-19 in Monaco. Meanwhile, the Principality’s Minister of State has fully recovered from the virus.
Now more than ever, health is at the forefront of everyone’s minds. On 7th April, we have an opportunity to thank the nurses and midwives of the Principality during World Health Day 2020.
Monaco’s support workers caring for the most vulnerable in the community are making heroic efforts to maintain vital ties to the elderly and disabled, whilst trying to remain safe themselves during the crisis.
Since confinement began on 18th March, the Monaco police force has made 11,000 traffic checks on drivers entering the Principality.
Monaco’s electricity supply will be more secure and able to accommodate further expansion thanks to a new sub-station inaugurated by HSH Prince Albert on Monday, November 27.
More than 330 controlled explosions were necessary to dig out the rock to provide the 2,100 square metres of space to house the equipment in Monaco’s third sub-station. Use was also made of 700 square metres of a tunnel formerly used by rail operator SNCF during the building of Monaco’s underground railway station.
The project was delivered to SMEG, Monaco’s utilities company, in 2015. Monaco’s first two electrical sub-stations, in Fontvieille and on the west side of the Sainte-Dévote valley, have previously operated at 80 percent of their capacity.
The creation of this additional electric power station became necessary to ensure the economic development of the Principality, while strengthening the security of the territory's electricity supply, the Government said.
It will serve the eastern area of the Principality and will increase Monaco’s power supply capacity by 50 percent. It will also relieve pressure on the Principality’s power supplies as the land extension project at Portier takes shape.
EDF's subsidiary RTE manages the French public electricity transmission network and ensures the delivery of electricity to the French-Monegasque border. SMEG sends it to the power source substations, which then transforms the current into low voltage and distributes it to the user at 230 volts.