Brought to you by: Monaco Life
The Strategic Council for Attractiveness held its plenary meeting on Wednesday, November 29, in the presence of the Sovereign Prince.
The Minister of State, in his introduction, said: “A withdrawal into ourselves would be dangerous for the Principality, we must all be aware of the essential contribution of residents and foreign investors and have in mind that attractiveness must remain at the heart of our identity.”
The presidents of the various Commissions related the main scope of their work: the confidentiality and moral responsibility of the financial sector, evolution of texts in matters of trusts and inheritance, the creation of an observatory of rents, definition of marketable surfaces, improvement of the real estate offer, definition of a strategy in the field of art, development of auctions, highlighting the common “Monaco” brand and multiplication of local and connected services.
The also discussed facilitation of the welcome and integration of new residents, coordination of mobility efforts, reform of the status of ships and the modernisation of Port Hercule.
Frédéric Genta, Head of Retail at Google France, gave a presentation on the digital revolution underway globally.
Finally, Jean Castellini, Minister of Finance and Economy, made a presentation on MonacoTech, the Government’s Incubator and Accelerator Startup program.
MEB leaders have travelled to Paris to meet several key partners and prepare for operations scheduled for the end of the year and 2021, with the aim of facilitating Monaco’s recovery.
It’s official: AS Monaco’s new season will be marked by a visit from Stade de Reims on the weekend of 22nd August at the Stade Louis II.
Tiger mosquitos do not pose a coronavirus risk, say authorities, however they do spread other deadly diseases which are on the rise.
The government has further relaxed Covid-related restrictions in the Principality, a move that is being welcomed by restaurants and bars who are keen to boost clientele.
Unhappy clients of JP Construction are directing their complaints to the Monaco Police after the Monaco-registered company ceased trading last week. Several customers of the firm appear to have lost large amounts, with total losses reaching seven figures. Meanwhile, the whereabouts of John Olsen and Peer Pedersen remain unknown. The company's mainly Polish workforce was laid off last week without notice and worksites were abandoned during the day on Thursday…
One young couple near Grasse have been left in precarious circumstances. Not only has their 30,000 euros deposit disappeared, but as a result of excavation work around the house, the building has been left more prone to landslides such as those that hit the area in 2010 and 2011.
"We signed a contract with JP Construction in August and they were due to start work in September. They actually started in the first week of November. They brought in a digger and demolished the terrace and steps in front of the house ready to build a stronger retaining wall. Last Thursday I asked for a meeting with the foreman, and as had happened all along, there were excuses and delays. When we got home from work the digger had gone and so had the truck being used to take away soil. We paid a deposit of 30,000 euros. But that's not our biggest problem...
"Our house now stands completely exposed to the weather. We are expecting rain this weekend and we don't know what will happen. I will be coming to Monaco next week to talk to the police," the victim near Grasse told Monaco Today.
Meanwhile, the thread at anglo-info that victims have been using to communicate is no longer working as posts are taken down shortly after being posted. Victims of JP Construction's collapse are now using the readers' forum at the Riviera Reporter to communicate and organize a coordinated response to recent events. (please see two other reports on JP Construction by scrolling down)