Brought to you by: Monaco Life
Many French workers may be able to win the right to disconnect from work during leisure hours, as a new rule comes into effect from January 1 that obliges companies with more than 50 employees to negotiate with their workforce on the “out of hours” use of smartphones.
The measure is intended to protect workers from burnout stemming from always “being at work”. Research carried out by Eleas, and published in October, found that more than one-third of the French workforce used their phones for work outside normal hours, and almost two-thirds would like to see some restrictions placed on employers’ expectations.
However, many French workers welcome the flexibility that allows them to choose their “hands-on” working time to fit in with family demands, such as meeting the children from school.
No penalties have been agreed for firms that fail to come up with an agreed plan with their workforce.
READ ALSO: Teleworking is the future, says Minister
READ ALSO: New apps make Monaco social payments easier to track
Traffic has begun traversing across Genoa’s new highway bridge, just two years after the terrifying collapse of the original Morandi bridge which killed 43 people.
New figures have revealed that while the Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur region has seen a rise in coronavirus cases, the number of hospitalisations and deaths remain low.
Both Prince Albert II and Minister of State Serge Telle have offered heartfelt condolences to the President of Lebanon after massive explosions rocked the country’s capital.
The Emerald Isle has dropped five countries off of its “Green List” for travel following a rise in Covid-19 cases over the past week, Monaco amongst them.
The number of foreign tourists visiting France has fallen by seven percent since the start of the year, and the French government is blaming factors other than terrorism.
Jean-Marc Ayrault, Foreign Minister, will be hosting a summit in September to address the issues, which include bad weather and strikes, he said.
In a report released Tuesday by the Regional Tourism Committee, the number of visitors to Paris “from other parts of France and foreign countries” in the first six months of the year fell by 1 million to 14.9 million compared with the same period last year.
The terror attacks, particularly the atrocity in Nice on July 14, had the most impact on wealthier tourists and visitors from Asia, the minister added. A sum of €1 million had already been allocated to promote tourism nationally after last year’s terror attacks in Paris, and now an additional €500,000 has been designated to the PACA region by the central government following the Bastille Day attack that caused the deaths of 85 people, including several tourists.