Weather
7 ° C
7°C
Northerly°C
Clear Sky
Breaking News

9 new cases of Covid-19 were confirmed in Monaco on Friday, bringing the total to 42, including 1 who is now cured

No deal signed, says Monaco’s Automobile Club

No deal signed, says Monaco’s Automobile Club

By Staff Writer - December 4, 2016

acmheadThe Automobile Club de Monaco has issued a statement denying that the TCR International Series will race on the Monaco Circuit in 2017, after WSC Ltd, the TCR International Series promoter announced at the beginning of last week that the fourth event of the season would take place on May 28 on the famous Monte Carlo street circuit, on the sidelines of the FIA Formula One World Championship.

The Automobile Club has now published a statement which denies that a contract has been signed, according to a number of racing news sources, including touringcars.net.

“The Automobile Club de Monaco absolutely contradicts this untrue information. No contact has ever been made between TCR International Series and the Automobile Club de Monaco.

“For this reason, at the FIA World Motor Sport Council held in Vienna on November 30, 2016, the Automobile Club de Monaco clarified, during the vote on the International Series’ calendars, to not register the TCR International Series on the Circuit de Monaco.”

The TCR International Series is an international Touring Car championship, according to its organisers.

shares
SHARE
Previous articleFundraiser Tuesday for St Paul’s Monte Carlo
Next articleLandmark meeting in Monaco this week

daily

Stephanie Horsman

Speaking from the family farm in Australia, F1 champion Daniel Ricciardo has admitted he is disappointed by the cancellations of the Monaco Grand Prix.

0
Stephanie Horsman

The Venturi Group - the company behind Voxan Motors - has announced that it will postpone its electric motorcycle world speed record attempt due to Covid-19 crisis.

0
March 25, 2020 | Sports

ASM team train in isolation

Stephanie Horsman

Training for AS Monaco football team was formally suspended last week, so the players are now on individual training schedules to ensure they are fighting fit when play resumes.

0
March 23, 2020 | Sports

Formula One goes virtual

Stephanie Horsman

With the cancellation of the Monaco Grand Prix, as well as four other scheduled races this year, Formula One has launched a new F1 Esports Virtual Grand Prix, featuring current F1 drivers alongside a number of other stars.

0