Brought to you by: Monaco Life
The Oceanographic Museum of Monaco’s exhibition titled “Tubbataha, the Philippines’ UNESCO Marine World Heritage”, which features the images of Tubbataha Reefs captured through the lenses of renowned Filipino and American photographers, ends August 31.
The exhibition showcases photojournalists Tet Lara, Marissa Floirendo, David Doubilet, and Jennifer Hayes.
The 97,030-hectare Tubbataha Reef Marine Park in Palawan, the westernmost Philippine province is home to 72 percent of the world’s coral species and according to UNESCO, is “an excellent example of a pristine coral reef with a spectacular 100-m perpendicular wall, extensive lagoons and two coral islands”.
“We would like to help Tubbataha, using our images so the tourist can come. We can create revenue for the park so we could sustain the yearly expenses to protect it,” Tel Lara commented.
David Doubilet and Jennifer Hayes are a photographic team for National Geographic Magazine, specialising in ocean environments. Their recent collaboration has taken them around the Philippines. ”Coral reefs are the jewels of our planet and Tubbataha is one of the best reefs in the world,” Mr Doubilet said.
The Philippines’ top underwater videographer and cinematographer, Marissa Floirendo produced the film “Tubbataha, a National Treasure,” which has the distinction of being one of the Choice Selection at the 2017 Wildlife Conservation Film Festival in New York City.
Prince Albert visited the site last year. His Serene Highness vowed to help protect the wetland of international significance.
The exhibition will run until the end of the month and be featured in the Philippines in late 2017 through the Ayala Foundation and Ayala Malls.
Tickets can be purchased online or outside of the museum (from €8 to €16).
St. Paul’s Anglican Church has started making online videos of their weekly sermons in English, so parishioners don’t have to miss out during the lockdown.
The National Council says it wants to keep the Condamine and Monte-Carlo markets open, despite the closure of all food markets this week across France.
The government has added psychologists to the team at Monaco’s Covid-19 call centre as a growing number of people seek advice on how to cope with isolation and fear.
The National Council is calling on the Prince’s government to create a makeshift hospital in preparation for a surge in coronavirus cases in the Principality.
The Monaco Government has issued a storm warning from midnight on Wednesday until 6 am on Thursday, September 15. Météo-France has predicted an episode of intense rain with wind gusts in excess of 70 kph, the Government said.
Not only should residents of the Principality take the usual precautions to prevent falling objects, particularly from exposed balconies, but people should also avoid venturing out of doors during this period, the authorities said.
The orange alert is also for the Alpes-Maritimes where heavy rains and flood risk warnings are already in effect.