Breaking News

The number of people officially infected with Covid-19 has risen to 60 in Monaco: 2 cured, 11 hospitalised, 2 in ICU

Ofer Group winning fight for New Zealand Oil & Gas

Ofer Group winning fight for New Zealand Oil & Gas

By Staff Writer - November 16, 2017

oil, company, worker, monaco
Photo: Norsk olje og gass

Monaco’s Ofer Global’s takeover attempt for New Zealand Oil & Gas has strengthened to 36 percent acceptances, while a former competitor in the takeover tussle, Australia’s Zeta Energy, has also said it will add its 17 percent holding, taking the figure to 53 percent.

Ofer Global had earlier said that it wants between 50 and 70 percent of NZOG. Ofer Global – through its takeover vehicle Singapore-based OG Oil & Gas – has indicated that it wants to extend oil and gas exploration around New Zealand, possibly including two deepwater prospects. It would seek a joint venture partner for the exploration projects.

The latest offer from the Ofer Group of 78 cents a share has been unanimously accepted by NZOG’s board. The offer remains open until December 9.

Ofer Global is chaired by Eyal Ofer and has extensive interests globally in shipping, real estate, and banking and investments.


READ ALSO

Monaco growth stays ahead of the pack

shares
SHARE
Previous articleScholarly work on Principality wins award at Institut de France
Next articleRAMOGE partners review busy programme

daily

Cassandra Tanti

Now more than ever, health is at the forefront of everyone’s minds. On 7th April, we have an opportunity to thank the nurses and midwives of the Principality during World Health Day 2020.

0
Cassandra Tanti

Monaco’s support workers caring for the most vulnerable in the community are making heroic efforts to maintain vital ties to the elderly and disabled, whilst trying to remain safe themselves during the crisis.

0
April 2, 2020 | Local News

Majority compliance of lockdown rules

Cassandra Tanti

Since confinement began on 18th March, the Monaco police force has made 11,000 traffic checks on drivers entering the Principality.

0
April 1, 2020 | Local News

Prince calls for unity

Cassandra Tanti

Prince Albert has warned the National Council that its criticism of his government’s management of the Covid-19 pandemic is unnecessarily escalating the tension and uncertainty surrounding the crisis.

0