Weather
7 ° C
7°C
Northerly°C
Clear Sky
Breaking News

9 new cases of Covid-19 were confirmed in Monaco on Friday, bringing the total to 42, including 1 who is now cured

Over the limit twice in one week

Over the limit twice in one week

By Staff Writer - August 7, 2017

lamborghini

A Luxembourg national has been stopped twice in one week while driving his Lamborghini while over the drink-driving limit.

The driver was first stopped at the end of July by the Gassin/Saint-Tropez motorised brigade and was fined 90 euros, since his blood alcohol measure was comparatively low, not exceeding the 0.8 g per litre of blood. However, when he was again stopped in Saint Tropez just days later, this measure had been exceeded.

This time the forty year-old miscreant had to pay a fine on the spot of 750 euros. He was also ordered to attend a court hearing at Draguignan.

Taking advantage of the publicity, the local gendarmerie said it will maintain its vigilance for the safety of all road users.


READ ALSO

What to do with a drunken soldier?

READ ALSO

Belgian resident sent to jail … for third drunk-driving offence

shares
SHARE
Previous articleMonaco GP 75 Series: Joshua Paul captures heart of F1
Next articleSpain benefits from sea extension contract

daily

March 27, 2020 | Lifestyle & Wellbeing

Video sermons in English

Cassandra Tanti

St. Paul’s Anglican Church has started making online videos of their weekly sermons in English, so parishioners don’t have to miss out during the lockdown.

0
March 26, 2020 | Lifestyle & Wellbeing

Council asks for markets to remain open

Cassandra Tanti

The National Council says it wants to keep the Condamine and Monte-Carlo markets open, despite the closure of all food markets this week across France.

0
March 26, 2020 | Lifestyle & Wellbeing

Psychologists to join call centre

Stephanie Horsman

The government has added psychologists to the team at Monaco’s Covid-19 call centre as a growing number of people seek advice on how to cope with isolation and fear.  

0
March 25, 2020 | Lifestyle & Wellbeing

Extra coronavirus hospital needed now, says council

Cassandra Tanti

The National Council is calling on the Prince’s government to create a makeshift hospital in preparation for a surge in coronavirus cases in the Principality.

0