Brought to you by: Pastor Real Estate & Barclays
A new event is about to make its debut in the Principality. PhotoMonaco promises to be an international fair with an emphasis on artistic photography and collectibles.
Renaud Siegmann, the event’s director, is known for his inspired take on contemporary creation over the last 30 years. He curated the Marrakech Art Fair in 2010 and 2011, and steered the Monaco Art Fair as its executive director in 2016.
Under the High Patronage of Prince Albert, PhotoMonaco will be a new platform with an aim to trigger original encounters between the public and images, and for this first edition, Mr Siegmann has chosen to promote photographic moments under the theme of “Le Temps du Regard”.
“PhotoMonaco is special because it offers an experience of the photographic moment. This is not yet another fair focusing solely on the commercial aspect,” Mr Siegmann said.
“I see our fair as a significant step towards defending images but also publishing, measured against extremely rigorous standards. For example, at every edition of PhotoMonaco, I intend to present a large collection of photographs, whether historic, modern or contemporary, to bring a qualitative tempo to the event.”
PhotoMonaco will be open to the public at Exhibition Hall, Quai Albert 1er, from Friday, April 6, until Sunday, April 8, from 1 pm to 7 pm. Admission is free.
A new photo book paying tribute to the 126 people who work behind the scenes at the Prince’s Palace and his private home, Roc Agel, has been released.
Prince Albert has joined a gathering of the entire Red Cross Movement in Geneva for a conference under the theme: ‘Acting today to shape the world of tomorrow’.
Monaco now has four new Ambassadors from Belarus, Malayia, Mali and the European Union.
For the first time, Monte Carlo will play host to the World Top Model final, set to take place on 14th December at the Fairmont Hotel.
Young soccer star, Anthony Martial, has been accused of changing after his move from Monaco to Manchester United by his ex-wife Samantha Jacquelinet.
The 20-year-old was thrust into the spotlight this time last year after the Red Devils agreed a deal worth a potential £58 million to sign him from AS Monaco. He was forced to relocate with almost no notice and brought his wife and newborn baby with him, givemesport.com reports.
But while Martial started to flourish on the pitch for the Red Devils, his relationship with Samantha started to break down. His new lifestyle, bolstered by a massive weekly wage, only served to destroy the close connection they shared. Speaking to The Sun on Sunday, Ms Jacquelinet claimed Martial struggled to deal with the attention he was getting from girls, eventually leading to the alleged affair he had.
She said: “Everything changed. Footballers in England are like kings. They have so much money and attention it’s like they live in a different world. He was thrust into the limelight and it all just exploded. Young girls were throwing themselves at him.”
Finally, Jacquelinet revealed that Martial has so far refused to give her much of his fortune despite being the mother of his only child. The £95,000-a-week star is accused of offering to give her just £3,000 every month, a figure she is clearly unhappy with.
She said: “When we split I tried to work things out. He said I only wanted him for his money.“But he was so stingy. Anthony told me he would rent a house for me. I found one outside Paris, but when I got the keys he said he was only going to give me £3,000 a month. “He earns £420,000 every month. “Anthony has changed completely from the modest, shy and loving young man I met in Monaco and I firmly believe if we’d stayed there then we would still be together.”