Brought to you by: Pastor Real Estate & Barclays
Monaco celebrated its National Day at the Astana Expo 2017 on Sunday, June 25, in the company of Prince Albert, who was accompanied by Princess Stephanie and a large Monegasque delegation.
Mr Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, President of the Senate of Kazakhstan, spoke of the admiration of Kazakhstan for the Principality of Monaco and for its ecological and economic commitments. During His speech, Prince Albert emphasised the common will of the two countries to develop in a sustainable way.
Prince Albert was particularly pleased to welcome the President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, to the Monaco Pavilion. The Prince explained to him the commitments of the Principality of Monaco in terms of ecological and sustainable urban development.
The National Day of the Principality of Monaco ended with a “circus dinner show”, organised and staged by Monte-Carlo Festivals. There were around 40 artists from all over the world, all very enthusiastic to participate in an event brilliantly orchestrated by Urls Pilz, Director of the Monte-Carlo Festivals.
During his visit to the Expo, Prince Albert visited several Pavilions, including that of the UAE. Prince Albert commended the UAE’s strategy of diversifying energy resources and investing in energy sources of the future.
“We have started preparations for the Monaco national pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai and we are looking forward to participating in this global event,” Prince Albert said.
An incredible 12-month time lapse video showing the creation of Monaco’s mammoth land extension project has just been released.
Monaco has a new bailiff, or huissier as known locally, who was sworn in earlier this week.
General crime rates in the Principality dropped by a significant 16% between the years 2016 and 2019, and street crime by an impressive 52%.
As part of the newly approved Palais Honoria housing project, a gantry will be installed above Boulevard de Belgique, creating temporary traffic impediments in the area.
The Monaco Government has issued a storm warning from midnight on Wednesday until 6 am on Thursday, September 15. Météo-France has predicted an episode of intense rain with wind gusts in excess of 70 kph, the Government said.
Not only should residents of the Principality take the usual precautions to prevent falling objects, particularly from exposed balconies, but people should also avoid venturing out of doors during this period, the authorities said.
The orange alert is also for the Alpes-Maritimes where heavy rains and flood risk warnings are already in effect.