Brought to you by: Pastor Real Estate & Barclays
In the presence of Prince Albert, the first installation of photovoltaic panels on a residential building, on boulevard d’Italie, took place on Thursday, November 30. This follows the launch of the Solar Plan (Cadastre Solaire) by the Mission for Energy Transition in June 2017. As part of the SunE offer, SMEG has equipped 20 percent of the total area of the roof, consisting of about 110 square metres, of solar panels.
Marie-Pierre Gramaglia, Minister of Public Works, the Environment and Urban Development, said: “We must welcome the commitment of the owners and trustees of this building, which, through this approach, actively contribute to the energy transition of our country. This is an initiative that I encourage to follow, given the great potential of sunny roofs in the Principality.”
To encourage the use of solar panels, the Government of Monaco in 2014 implemented an incentive financial measure with a feed-in tariff of the electricity produced fixed at €360/ MWh for systems on roofs areas not integrated with the structure, and €530/MWh for integrated systems. The subsidy for the production of photovoltaic energy is guaranteed for 15 years.
Several projects have already been implemented, including one at the Grimaldi Forum, which will see the installation of more than 2,400 square metres of solar panels.
The Solar Plan site allows each roof to be identified, the potential of sunshine, the exploitable surface for the installation of solar panels and the annual energy output. The tool offers homeowners, trustees and individuals an opportunity to quickly visualise data for the deployment of solar panels on the roof of their building.
For information on equipment and the grant application see www.cadastresolaire.mc
A rare survivor of the nuclear blast that effectively ended World War II in the Pacific has spoken to a group of mesmerised students and staff members at Lycée Albert I. Organised by the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN), The high school’s history and geography class were told the incredible and sad true […]
October has come to be known as ‘Pink October’ and many Monegasque organisations, as well as the government, are supporting the cause. Roughly two million women were diagnosed with breast cancer last year worldwide and of those an estimated 627,000 will die from the disease. That comes out to 15% of all cancer deaths for […]
A joint meeting was held last week between the Monegasque Ambassador to the US and Honorary Consuls from nine major North American cities to discuss collaborative efforts for the next calendar year. Considered one of America’s greenest cities, Seattle was the setting for the confluence and attracted the Monaco representatives for its achievements regarding environmental […]
The Princess Grace Foundation-USA will be paying tribute to their namesake, Princess Grace of Monaco, during a special fundraising gala this November. The celebration will mark the 90th anniversary of the birth of the Hollywood icon and beloved Princess of Monaco. Known throughout the world as a humanitarian, philanthropist, and artist, Princess Grace was committed to […]
During the Monaco Yacht Show, the Monaco Yacht Club (YCM) invited yacht captains to another Captains Forum, organised in collaboration with Only Yachts. The conference was attended by three pivotal associations: Groupement des Equipages Professionnels du Yachting (GEPY), President Captain Jacques Conzales, Italian Yacht Master, President Captain Gino Battaglia, and Professional Yachting Association, CEO Captain Andy Crawford, and attracted over 100 people. They met to discuss the new Maritime Cruise Agreement introduced by France’s FIN (Fédération des Industries Nautiques). Following the last Captains Forum on May 17, which was sold out, there was also a second session on France’s Decree N° 2017-307 of March 9, 2017, relating to the affiliation of seafarers – resident in France and working on a foreign-flagged vessel – to a French social security scheme, that came into force on July 1. Since the implementation of the law, several reports suggest a steep drop in the numbers and frequency of yachts visiting the French Riviera over the past few months. After several awareness-raising campaigns conducted by professionals, including captains’ associations in collaboration with the YCM’s Captains Club, Fabien Raffrey, Co-Director of FIN and Dominique Dubois, Head of the Maritime Affairs Department in Nice, spoke alongside Antoine Matthys, Director of the French International Register (RIF) to reassure those in the profession. They said the French government had heard them, and intended to take on board the needs expressed by the industry. Although the decree is now in force and not suspended, it will be revised and reintroduced by summer 2018. Pending the amendments, some flexibility will be allowed in its application. Bernard d’Alessandri, General Secretary of the Yacht Club de Monaco and President of Cluster Yachting Monaco concluded: “Ten years ago, it was unthinkable to imagine seeing all those involved in yachting around the same table, alongside the various authorities in the sector reporting directly to the government – Customs, Maritime Affairs – to discuss the issues affecting their profession. And how satisfying to see all this happening here in Monaco.” (Source: Monaco Yacht Club)