Weather
18 ° C
18°C
9°C
Sunny
Breaking News

The number of people officially infected with Covid-19 has risen to 73 in Monaco: 3 cured, 15 hospitalised, 4 in ICU

Princess Charlene opens up in new interview

Princess Charlene opens up in new interview

By Stephanie Horsman - December 31, 2019

After enduring an incredibly painful year, Princess Charlene has opened up to a South African magazine about why she’s looked so sad this past year… and the reasons are touchingly normal. 

The Princess recently spoke to Huisgenoot Magazine, a publication out of her native South Africa, to dispel rumours of discontent and set the record straight. Her admissions are honest and marked by the quiet gentleness she has been come to be known for.

The Princess reveals that her year has been marred by the deaths of two friends within the space of 10 days, and concern over the health of her father, Michael Wittstock, who is due to have surgery soon.

“Well, sometimes it’s hard to smile,” acknowledges the mother of two. “They don’t know what’s going on in the background.”

The heart of the issue is something that most expats have experienced at one time or another and can strike at any time… homesickness.

“I have the privilege of having this life, but I miss my family and my friends in South Africa and I’m often sad because I cannot always be there for them,” she says.

Princess Charlene and the twins, five-year-old Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, made their first visit to South Africa earlier this year to see her parents, and Jacques reportedly was impressed with the sheer size of the place, which she said was “moving” for her.

With that precedent set, perhaps her visits back will become more frequent and 2020 will be the year everyone gets to see more of Princess Charlene and her lovely smile.

 

 

shares
SHARE
Previous articleYCM Winter Cocktail and ambitions for 2020
Next articleRoca Team ends year with a win

daily

April 6, 2020 | Local News

Leclerc wins virtual GP

Stephanie Horsman

Monaco’s Charles Leclerc has been crowned the winner of his first esports match after successfully bringing home first place in a virtual Australian Grand Prix. 

0
April 6, 2020 | Local News

Monaco misses you

Cassandra Tanti

“Take care of yourself, we miss you!” is the new message coming out of Monaco, as the tourism department launches a global campaign to lure visitors back to the Principality post-lockdown.

0
Cassandra Tanti

The MedFund, headed by Monaco’s Bernard Fautrier, is allocating €1.8 million to marine protected areas for the next five years. It comes amid a new scientific study which suggests that the world’s oceans could be returned to their former glory in the space of a generation.

0
Stephanie Horsman

Monaco’s neighbour Italy is finally getting a bit of good news on the coronavirus front as both the number of new cases and the death tolls begin to take a downward slide.

0