Breaking News

22 Covid cases 24 July, 9 hospitalised, 3 in ICU, 101 home monitored, 2,617 recoveries, 33 deaths, 156 incidence rate, 63% eligible population vaccinated

Public Security chief announces major drop in Monaco’s crime figures

Public Security chief announces major drop in Monaco’s crime figures

By Staff Writer - January 16, 2018

Photo: Charly Gallo/DC
Photo: Charly Gallo/DC

Richard Marangoni, Director of Public Security, presented his New Year greetings in the presence of Prince Albert, Serge Telle, Minister of State, Patrice Cellario, Minister of the Interior, as well as many leading figures in public life, at the traditional ceremony, which this year was held in the conference room of the Oceanographic Museum.

In his address, the Sovereign Prince said: “Security has always been one of the strengths of our country. It is up to us to make a pact to preserve it. Everyone must take part in it: women and men whose noble professional mission is to guarantee it, but, beyond that, everyone, through their discipline, and their understanding of the security measures put in place.”

After having discussed the security situation in 2017 and the implementation of the “Public Safety 2020” plan, including a strengthening of the workforce, Richard Marangoni said that over the 2012-2016 period, general crime had dropped by 28 percent and street crime by 43 percent.

“This trend, while one would have expected some stabilisation, continued in 2017 with a decrease of 1.04 percent for general delinquency and 16.58 percent for delinquency on public roads. Burglaries, meanwhile, fell by 17.14 percent,” he said.

In addition to “Public Safety 2020”, “Monaco, Safe City” is another initiative based on prevention and aimed at strengthening the security architecture of the Principality.

At the end of the ceremony, the Prince Albert presented the Outstanding Services Clasp, for acts of courage and dedication, to 19 police officers who distinguished themselves in 2016 and 2017.


READ ALSO

Monaco renews its commitments to regional security

shares
SHARE
Previous articleMoney-laundering enquiries jumped in 2017
Next articlePassenger numbers jumped sharply at Nice airport

daily

July 25, 2021 | Local News

Theatre Festival programme revealed

Cassandra Tanti

The World Amateur Theatre Festival is celebrating its 17th edition this year with acting companies from all over the globe  coming to perform in Monaco. 

0
Cassandra Tanti

The City of Nice is banning music and live bands on terraces and beaches amidst a resurgence of the virus.

0
Cassandra Tanti

Princess Charlene has revealed further details of her medical condition to South African media, explaining why she has been unable to return to Monaco since earlier this year.

0
Stephanie Horsman

The Yacht Club of Monaco will host the first ever Monaco Smart Yachting and Marina Show in September, which aims to speed up the development of eco-friendly marinas.

0