Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters 2026: what was revealed at the official launch

The Monte-Carlo Country Club pulled back the curtain on the 129th edition of the Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters on Thursday evening, gathering press, dignitaries and partners at the Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel and Resort for the official tournament presentation.

With less than six weeks to go until the clay courts come alive, tournament director David Massey set out what promises to be another landmark edition — and there was plenty to talk about.

A tournament that has outgrown itself

Last year’s attendance of 154,169 spectators was a record, and according to Massey, it was also something close to a ceiling. “Last year we virtually reached maximum capacity — we won’t be able to welcome more people on site,” he told press following the presentation. The focus for 2026 is therefore not on numbers, but on what happens once fans are through the gates.

New glass staircases, expanded entertainment zones, redesigned spaces and additional screens mean spectators can now follow live match action from outside the courts. Food and beverage capacity has been increased in response to restaurants that run at full capacity on the busiest days. “The goal is truly to provide an even better all-day tennis experience,” Massey said.

A redesigned entertainment area has also been transformed into a more relaxed space away from the crowds, with a giant screen, deckchairs, refreshments and picnic tables. “We realised that outside the stands there were few, if any, places where people could sit and relax.”

In the partner area, four giant screens will broadcast matches live throughout the tournament.

Tournament Director David Massey during Thursday’s presentation. Photo credit: Cassandra Tanti, Monaco Life 

An extra day, 60 cameras and a returning drone

New for 2026 is the addition of an opening Sunday, giving fans an extra day of competitive tennis with full television production from the first ball. “This gives fans an additional day to enjoy high-quality matches,” Massey confirmed.

On the broadcast side, around 60 cameras — including new additions on the main court and a return of the drone — will deliver longer rally tracking and a more immersive experience for a global television audience that reached 34 million viewers across seven days last year. “This is a level of innovation seen at Masters 1000 events. Television viewers will benefit from this enhanced coverage,” said Massey. The Electronic Line Calling Live system, which made Monte-Carlo the first clay court Masters 1000 to adopt electronic line calling last year, will also return.

The Player Village returns

The Player Village at Monte-Carlo Beach — which expanded the site by around 35% in 2025 — returns for a second year, this time enhanced with a high-performance gym and a quiet zone dedicated to player wellbeing ahead of matches.

“Today, players travel with larger teams — sometimes up to ten people. It is therefore essential to provide enough space for both the players and the general public,” said Massey.

Additional comforts for fans will be a highlight at the 2026 Rolex Masters tournament. Photo credit: Cassandra Tanti, Monaco Life

The Monegasque moment everyone is waiting for

If there was one revelation that generated the most energy in the room, it was the confirmed presence of Valentin Vacherot in the singles main draw — entering on ranking alone for the first time, without a wild card or qualifying. His Shanghai Masters 1000 title last October made him a genuine contender on home clay.

“It will be the first time that a Monegasque player enters the Monte-Carlo Masters main draw directly in singles, outside of qualifying or a wild card. This is excellent news for tennis in Monaco,” said Massey. “He now has a ranking that allows him to choose the tournaments he wants to play. We hope to see him remain in the top 30 — or even go higher.”

Almost gone

Tickets are nearly sold out, with limited availability remaining for the first Saturday on centre court and some grounds passes still on offer. “We are on track to reach full capacity, as we did in 2025. Now, all we need is ideal weather,” Massey said.

Player registrations close on 9th March, with the full entry list announced on 10th March in Paris. The draw ceremony takes place in Monaco on Friday 10th April at 5pm. If last year’s crowd is anything to go by — around 34% French, 40% Italian, and a Monegasque contingent that will be louder than ever with Vacherot in the main draw — the atmosphere at the Monte-Carlo Country Club promises to be something special. The prize fund for this edition exceeds €6.3 million.

Stay updated with Monaco Life: sign up for our free newsletter, catch our podcast on Spotify, and follow us across Facebook,  InstagramLinkedIn, and Tik Tok.

Main photo credit: Luke Entwistle, Monaco Life