Breaking News

11 new Covid cases on 17 Jan. brings total to 1,205: 31 hospitalised: 18 resident + 11 in ICU: 4 resident, 118 home monitored, 995 recoveries, 8 deaths

SBM posts much healthier quarterly turnover

SBM posts much healthier quarterly turnover

By Staff Writer - August 16, 2018

Monaco’s Société des Bains de Mer and its subsidiaries – the dominant casino and hotel operator in Monaco – posted higher sales in the first accounting quarter of 2018 than in the same period last year, the company said on Tuesday, August 14.

The Group’s consolidated sales amounted to 144.8 million euros compared with 127.5 million euros previously, an increase of 14 percent. The growth is mainly due to the favourable evolution of the gaming and hotels sectors, the company said.

With a turnover of 55.4 million euros for the quarter compared to 44.6 million euros last year, the gaming sector recorded a 24 percent improvement. The turnover of table games was up 66 percent for the first quarter of the 2018/2019 fiscal year, while that of automatic devices decreased by one percent.

Hotel revenue rose by nine percent to 76.6 million euros compared to 70.3 million euros for the same period last year. The sector benefits from the reopening of some rooms and the restaurant of the Grill at the Hotel de Paris for the full quarter, representing an increase in turnover of three million euros compared to the same period of the previous year.

Casino Monte Carlo at night
Casino Monte Carlo. @copy; Steve Masters.

Other hotels in the Group also reported higher revenues compared to the first quarter of 2018/2019. Similarly, the reopening of Louis XV – Alain Ducasse, Jimmy’z and the opening of the Coya restaurant have had a very positive impact on the hospitality sector, SBM said.

Although the trend observed since April 1, 2018, is more favourable for the gaming sector and hotel sectors, the random and seasonal nature of the business does not allow forecasts to be made for the full year, the company said.

The complete reopening of the Hotel de Paris is planned for the last quarter of the financial year.

shares
SHARE
Previous articleAS Monaco offers range of perks to Premium supporters
Next articleNew rules for yachts at anchor in Monaco

daily

January 16, 2021 | Business & Finance

ACM cancels two major rallies

Stephanie Horsman

The Classic Monte-Carlo Rally and the Historic Monte-Carlo Rally have both been cancelled because of restrictions surrounding the Covid crisis.

0
January 15, 2021 | Business & Finance

Charles Leclerc tests positive but “feeling ok”

Stephanie Horsman

Monegasque Formula One driver Charles Leclerc says he is suffering only mild symptoms after contracting Covid-19 and is in self-quarantine at his home in the Principality.

0
Stephanie Horsman

Nice airport’s traffic fell an astounding 68.4% in 2020. Though alarming, the slow year did allow authorities to rebuild and renovate, getting a jump on creating “the airport of tomorrow”. 

0
January 15, 2021 | Business & Finance

What will the EU’s recovery look like?

Stephanie Horsman

The European Union is about to roll out its biggest stimulus package ever seen as focus turns from Covid testing and vaccination to economic recovery.

0