Breaking News

Non-resident tests positive for Covid-19 on 30/5 bringing confirmed number to 99: 90 cured, 1 hospitalised in ICU, 1 resident death, 3 non-resident deaths

Three more years for Jardim

Three more years for Jardim

By Staff Writer - June 8, 2017

Photo: Facebook AS Monaco
Photo: Facebook AS Monaco

The coach of AS Monaco, Leonardo Jardim, will stay with the team until 2020, the club has announced.

The Portuguese coach has been credited with taking the football club to its first French Ligue 1 title in 17 years.

Monaco is now regarded as one of the most exciting teams in Europe, with its hallmark being the ability to spot very young players and moulding them into outstanding footballers. Not only has Monaco put an end to several seasons of dominance by Paris-St Germain in the French league, but the team also made it to the semi-finals of the Champions League.

AS Monaco players scored 107 goals during the season. The 18-year-old Kylian Mbappe has performed brilliantly and attracted the close attention of a number of Europe’s top clubs. To help make the story sweeter, Colombian forward Radamel Falcao has returned to form after a disappointing spell at English clubs where he was on loan.

There had been speculation that Jardim would be tempted by a move to China, where he would have been paid more than he makes with Monaco, but he said this week that he was excited to stay in the Principality.

“We will work with the ambition to continue this project and continue to grow this club with the same passion that has inspired us from the beginning,” he said, adding, “I am convinced that the future looks very exciting at Monaco.”

 

READ ALSO

Prince Jacques meets AS Monaco team at Palace

READ ALSO

50 Cent to perform at Chapiteau for AS Monaco victory party, season ticket holders invited

shares
SHARE
Previous articleBrasil Monaco Project fights cancer
Next articleFragmented Identity at Opera Gallery

daily

Stephanie Horsman

The 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual will take place next month with a “Strong Together” Ferrari entered by the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation.

0
May 25, 2020 | News

Nostalgic weekend of racing

Stephanie Horsman

It was a Monaco Grand Prix weekend like no other, with not a single car racing around the Principality save for a Ferrari being driven by Charles Leclerc with Prince Albert in the passenger seat.

0
Stephanie Horsman

The Automobile Club of Monaco has announced that the F1 Grand Prix, the Historic Grand Prix and Formula E races will all be held within a five-week period in 2021.

0
May 20, 2020 | News

Leclerc new face of Armani

Stephanie Horsman

Without even putting his foot down in an F1 racing car this year, pilot Charles Leclerc is having a pretty stellar time with massive eSport success and now landing a gig as the new face of Giorgio Armani.

0