Weather
Monte-Carlo, MC
broken clouds
10.5 ° C
12 °
8.3 °
71%
3.6kmh
75%
Sun
12 °
Mon
12 °
Tue
14 °
Wed
13 °
Thu
12 °
Breaking News

Makeover of Casino Square to dramatically change the look of Monte Carlo

Tourist authority welcomes new president and deputy

Tourist authority welcomes new president and deputy

By Staff Writer - March 20, 2019

A new team has been appointed to head the Monaco Government Tourist and Convention Authority. Former Deputy Director Guy Antognelli becomes the new President of Monaco Tourism and Sandrine Camia, who has been serving as head of the Monaco Convention Bureau for the past seven years, becomes Deputy Director.

Guy Antognelli and Sandrine Camia

Sandrine Camia brings extensive experience in the tourism industry to her new role. She spent 20 years working with luxury hotel brands including Hotel Lutetia in Paris and Hotel Martinez in Cannes, which were then both properties of the Taittinger Family. She held the position of Director of Sales, Marketing and Communication for two independent luxury hotels, Hotel Royal Riviera in Saint-Jean Cap-Ferrat and Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo. In 2011, she was appointed head of the Monaco Convention Bureau and has been in charge of the promotion and development of MICE, while implementing new communication and marketing tools and ensuring the loyalty of its best customers.

“It is a new challenge and a recognition of the work accomplished at the Convention Bureau,” said Camia about her appointment as Deputy Director. “These past seven years have been rich in experiences and successes.”

After post-graduating in Finance Engineering at Nice-Sophia-Antipolis University, Guy Antognelli started his career in a Monegasque subsidiary of a Swiss private bank, first in the back office then in the risk management and internal audit department.

During the next 10 years, he contributed to the development of an insurance company in Monaco, managing high end client portfolios using his financial expertise as well as his social skills.

In 2011, he was appointed head of the statistics department of the Monaco Government Tourist and Convention Authority. He has contributed to the development of this service and has extended his field of action to strategic and competitive intelligence.

In 2015 he took the position of Deputy Director and worked in close cooperation with all services for promoting and developing tourism in the Principality.

“This appointment is recognition of my work and a statement of trust from the Government,” said Antognelli. “I especially look forward to working with a team who is dedicated to promoting the destination and has achieved great results over the past years.

“My aim is to lead all missions of the Monaco Government Tourist and Convention Authority to ensure a high level of tourism throughout the year and to maximise the economic benefits for the destination.”

shares
SHARE
Previous articleIUM connects students with employers for 10th year
Next articleMonte Carlo Fashion Week launches 7th edition

daily

Stephanie Horsman

An incredible 12-month time lapse video showing the creation of Monaco’s mammoth land extension project has just been released.

0
January 16, 2020 | Local News

There’s a new bailiff in town

Stephanie Horsman

Monaco has a new bailiff, or huissier as known locally, who was sworn in earlier this week.

0
January 14, 2020 | Local News

Monaco crime rates continue to fall

Stephanie Horsman

General crime rates in the Principality dropped by a significant 16% between the years 2016 and 2019, and street crime by an impressive 52%.

0
Stephanie Horsman

As part of the newly approved Palais Honoria housing project, a gantry will be installed above Boulevard de Belgique, creating temporary traffic impediments in the area.

0