Brought to you by: Pastor Real Estate & Barclays
Antoni Martí Petit, Head of Government of the Principality of Andorra, and Nicola Renzi, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Political Affairs and Justice of the Republic of San Marino, visited Monaco on Saturday, March 18, for discussions on the topic of the European Union.
The two visitors were received in audience by the Sovereign Prince in the presence of HE Serge Telle, Minister of State, and Gilles Tonelli, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation.
During a working lunch hosted by the Minister of State, the representatives of the three microstates discussed ongoing negotiations with the European Union, which started in March 2015. At the end of the meal, Minister of State Telle said: “We have come together to work jointly on the relations of our three countries with the European Union. We have a common interest to find the necessary strategy to define our relations (…) and must invent a new way to conduct our work with the European Union.”
A rare survivor of the nuclear blast that effectively ended World War II in the Pacific has spoken to a group of mesmerised students and staff members at Lycée Albert I. Organised by the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN), The high school’s history and geography class were told the incredible and sad true […]
October has come to be known as ‘Pink October’ and many Monegasque organisations, as well as the government, are supporting the cause. Roughly two million women were diagnosed with breast cancer last year worldwide and of those an estimated 627,000 will die from the disease. That comes out to 15% of all cancer deaths for […]
A joint meeting was held last week between the Monegasque Ambassador to the US and Honorary Consuls from nine major North American cities to discuss collaborative efforts for the next calendar year. Considered one of America’s greenest cities, Seattle was the setting for the confluence and attracted the Monaco representatives for its achievements regarding environmental […]
The Princess Grace Foundation-USA will be paying tribute to their namesake, Princess Grace of Monaco, during a special fundraising gala this November. The celebration will mark the 90th anniversary of the birth of the Hollywood icon and beloved Princess of Monaco. Known throughout the world as a humanitarian, philanthropist, and artist, Princess Grace was committed to […]
Unconfirmed sources have indicated that Matchroom’s Eddie Hearn is expanding his boxing operation to Monaco with a show lined up in the Principality in either October or November, according to the UK boxing press.
Liverpool’s Callum Smith has been mentioned as a possible name for the inaugural show, which is rumoured to be November 12. However, he has a mandatory British Super Middleweight title defence against Luke Blackledge on his plate as well as a date on Hearn’s October 15 bill in Liverpool, which is headlined by Tony Bellew’s maiden defence of his WBC cruiserweight title against America’s BJ Flores.
Hearn won the purse bid for Smith-Blackledge. The British Boxing Board of Control (BBBoC) states that it “will take place on a date and at a venue as yet to be advised” when confirming the successful bid.
Monaco is no stranger to big time boxing, as Rodney Berman put shows together on a regular basis and the Salle des Étoiles hosted boxing shows.
Ruslan Provodnikov was the last fighter to headline at the venue; he beat Jesus Alvarez Rodriguez in four rounds last November. Gennady Golovkin has also fought in Monaco, beating Nobuhiro Ishida, Osumanu Adama and Martin Murray (KO 3, KO 7 and TKO 11 respectively) in Middleweight title defences.
Sheffield-based promoter Dennis Hobson teamed up with Philippe Fondu for a show in 2006. Matthew Hatton (W RTD 6 over Aliaksandr Abramenka) and Femi Fehintola (W TKO 2 over Ivo Golakov) appeared on that one and both spoke glowingly about the experience of boxing in Monaco. If Hearn does make the move a slew of British fighters may benefit from the trip in coming years.