Lifestyle contributor Isabella Marino gives us her hot tips of the places to see, and be seen, in the Big Apple.
I just got back from an unforgettable trip to New York City! It was a week filled with glamour, culture, fashion and food.
I came to New York to attend the Princess Grace Foundation Awards Gala, but I took the opportunity to enjoy the city with my friends, walking through infinite skyscrapers, discovering the top fashion destinations and tasting delicious food in the trendiest restaurants in the city.
So, I want to share with you my favourite spots in NYC:
- La Goulue: a cozy traditional brasserie for local New Yorkers. Great for lunch.
- Le Bilboquet: a simple and fun French restaurant where you will most probably meet people you know from Monaco! Great for lunch on Sundays.
- Harry Cipriani: Warm and fun atmosphere with welcoming Italian staff. A safe card for lunch or dinner, always a great buzz and nice crowd. Try the pasta with veal ragu’.
- The Polo Bar: This is so far my favourite restaurant for dinner if you want something more typically American. Michael Douglas and Ralph Lauren are just a few of the people that I saw casually dining here. Enter the Ralph Lauren home and prepare yourself for the best pastrami sandwich, wagyu burger, ice cream Sundae and whisky based cocktail Smoky Pistol. The decoration beautifully reflects the identity of the legendary brand Ralph Lauren.
- Indochine: Perfect if you are looking for a more alternative dinner and if you like exotic flavours.
- Socialista: A must in SoHo. A trendy, young and fun bar inside Cipriani Downtown restaurant.
- The luxury department store Bergdorf Goodman
- Spring Street and Prince Street in Soho with a mix of boutiques of renowned luxury brands, emerging designers and fun affordable brands.
- Ralph Lauren flagship store in Madison Avenue (best cappuccino)
- MoMA. Exposing some of the most valuable and famous paintings from artists such as Basquiat, Miro’, Picasso, Frida Kahlo, Magritte and Monet.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Visit the Costume Institute exhibition.
- Baccarat Hotel: chic design hotel in excellent location. I loved the interior design, the bar and the avocado toast for breakfast!
Read also: Princess for a night