Brought to you by: Monaco Life
Monaco’s Grimaldi Forum has recorded one of its best figures for attendance at its summer exhibition, with 47,000 people visiting the acclaimed “The Forbidden City”.
“We could have reached the symbolic landmark of 50,000 visitors but the constraints of our event calendar are such that we could not exceed 60 days,” said Sylvie Biancheri, Director General.
She added that this was the type of exhibition that the public has come to expect from the Grimaldi Forum, with a strong heritage theme and yet accessible to a wide audience.
Ms Biancheri also announced the theme of the summer exhibition for 2018: “The Gold of the Pharaohs,” with an exceptional loan of 150 pieces from the collections of the Cairo Museum.
Under the guidance of Christiane Zieglern, the event will go back 2,500 years of history from the perspective of the craftsman in precious metals.
The latest survey by IMSEE has revealed that the business climate continued to weaken in July, though retail trade and the auto commerce and repair sectors saw slight improvements.
The City of Nice has taken further action to limit the rapid spread of Covid-19, toughening rules on socialising and bars.
Vitamar III, the newest vessel to be launched by the Maritime Affairs Department, has been unveiled to much fanfare including a traditional baptism.
Transavia has announced its first five domestic routes that include a new run between Nice Côte d’Azur and Nantes Atlantique airports starting in November.
A private banker working for Credit Suisse in Monaco has been arrested and remains in jail in the Principality on suspicion of stealing funds from an account at the bank, according to reliable sources.
To read full story sign into your Premium Account (top of page).
[ihc-hide-content ihc_mb_type="show" ihc_mb_who="reg" ihc_mb_template="" ]
An investigation is underway into reports that about two million euros had been taken from at least one client’s personal account by the female employee, who worked previously at UBS and CFM.The suspect is reported to have admitted the offences and to be cooperating with investigators and further arrests have not been ruled out. Contacted by Monaco Life, a person at the office of the prosecutor in Monaco said that the office was not communicating with the press on this subject. The bank has been asked by Monaco Life to comment on the affair, but no statement was forthcoming on Thursday afternoon. On Friday morning a receptionist at the bank in Monaco said no one had the right to comment on the subject. Contacted by Monaco Life, a spokesperson for Credit Suisse declined to comment. Earlier this year Credit Suisse’s operations in Monaco and Gibraltar were put up for sale and towards the end of March J Safra Sarasin signed an agreement to buy the Monaco operation. Credit Suisse has downsized its international operations over the last 12 months with thousands of job losses. Monaco Life will continue to follow the story. Copyright©MonacoLife2016 - All rights reserved.