Weather
20 ° C
20°C
Breaking News

12 Covid cases 23 May, 5 hospitalised - 4 res, 46 home monitored, 12,009 recoveries, 57 deaths, 271 incidence rate

Landslide win for Stéphane Valeri and Primo in Monaco’s elections

Landslide win for Stéphane Valeri and Primo in Monaco’s elections

By Staff Writer - February 12, 2018

Elections for Monaco’s National Council, which took place yesterday, resulted in a landslide win for Stéphane Valeri’s “Primo” group, otherwise known as Priority Monaco.

It was clear within a few hours of the polls closing at 7 pm on Sunday, February 11, that Primo had won by a wide margin. Overnight it was announced that two candidates had been elected for Horizon Monaco and one for the Union Monegasque, giving Primo 21 of the 24 seats in the parliamentary assembly.

Turnout was down from 74.4 percent in 2013 to 70.35 percent.

Half an hour before midnight Stéphane Valeri, the former Minister of Health and Social Affairs, told his supporters they had won a very big victory.

The new leader of the National Council, who served for several years as its president some years ago, added: “I want to warmly thank the Monegasques who have given us a very big victory tonight. Their confidence gives us the legitimacy necessary to give the National Council its full place among [Monaco’s] institutions.”

“Now that the electoral period is over, I appeal to compatriots of all sensibilities, so that tomorrow the great Monegasque family, united behind our Sovereign Prince, will come together.”

Among the personalities elected on the Primo list are Jose Badia, former foreign minister, and Guillaume Rose, formerly head of the Tourism and Conventions office.

See full results here.


READ ALSO

Stéphane Valeri moves on

 

shares
SHARE
Sign up to our newsletter
Loading
Previous articleSecurity terminals to be installed at Place d’Armes
Next articleVilla Paloma presents Alfredo Volpi for first time in Europe

daily

Luke Entwistle

Speaking ahead of his home Grand Prix this weekend, Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc says that he believes the “poor luck” he has experienced in Monaco, and more recently in Barcelona, will turn around.

0
Luke Entwistle

With the season over, the focus of fans and of sporting directors across Europe has turned to the upcoming transfer window, which is already whirring into action.

0
Stephanie Horsman

An advanced premier screening of the new documentary film on legendary Formula 1 driver Sir Jackie Stewart saw both the man himself and Prince Albert II in attendance at One Monte-Carlo.

0
May 27, 2022 | Business & Finance

Covid-19 uncertainties impact Grand Prix weekend

Luke Entwistle

Decisions taken by the Automobile Club of Monaco (ACM) back in January, when the evolution of the pandemic was unclear, will impact this weekend’s Monaco Grand Prix, notably meaning no fan zones.

0