Breaking News

11 new Covid cases on 17 Jan. brings total to 1,205: 31 hospitalised: 18 resident + 11 in ICU: 4 resident, 118 home monitored, 995 recoveries, 8 deaths

November, another chance to stop smoking with free support

November, another chance to stop smoking with free support

By Staff Writer - October 23, 2017

Quit-today smoking

The operation “Moi (s) sans tabac”, launched last year, will take place again this November and provide an opportunity for residents of the Principality to quit smoking altogether. The objective is to encourage smokers to stick to one month without a cigarette and to create the trigger for a permanent cessation.

To help them in this process, the Prince’s government has requested that the Principality be associated, as a partner, with the operation “Moi (s) sans tabac” – using a play on words for “month” and “me” – initiated by the French Ministry of Health.

Monaco’s Department of Health and the Princess Grace Hospital Centre have joined forces to distribute free kits that can be picked up, at no cost, from participating pharmacies in the Principality.

Didier Gamerdinger, Minister of Health and Social Affairs said, “The campaign is a positive concept for the good health of the residents of the Principality. It must become an annual event that encourages smokers to stop.”

Beyond 28 consecutive days of not smoking, the chances of quitting permanently are multiplied by five. A major media campaign initiated by France, will be relayed in Monaco.

As of Monday, October 23, smokers who want to quit and receive ongoing support can register via the Tobacco info Service website, smartphone app, or by calling 39.89.

In addition, consultations with health professionals at the Princess Grace Hospital are also free, and accessible by phone: 377 9 98 97 41. (Photo: Oftenfun)


READ ALSO Pink Ribbon lights up Monaco

Hotel Metropole: Photo: Monaco Life
Hotel Metropole: Photo: Monaco Life

shares
SHARE
Previous articleMonaco signs up to fish treaty
Next articleFour new ambassadors welcomed, including Cyprus and New Zealand

daily

January 16, 2021 | Business & Finance

ACM cancels two major rallies

Stephanie Horsman

The Classic Monte-Carlo Rally and the Historic Monte-Carlo Rally have both been cancelled because of restrictions surrounding the Covid crisis.

0
January 15, 2021 | Business & Finance

Charles Leclerc tests positive but “feeling ok”

Stephanie Horsman

Monegasque Formula One driver Charles Leclerc says he is suffering only mild symptoms after contracting Covid-19 and is in self-quarantine at his home in the Principality.

0
Stephanie Horsman

Nice airport’s traffic fell an astounding 68.4% in 2020. Though alarming, the slow year did allow authorities to rebuild and renovate, getting a jump on creating “the airport of tomorrow”. 

0
January 15, 2021 | Business & Finance

What will the EU’s recovery look like?

Stephanie Horsman

The European Union is about to roll out its biggest stimulus package ever seen as focus turns from Covid testing and vaccination to economic recovery.

0